i create an edit control and define style to ES_AUTOVSCROLL & ES_VSCROLL .
i changed edit control color when the dialogbox send WM_CTLCOLOREDIT message,
but how i an change the scroll bar's color ?
Posted on 2003-12-19 22:09:55 by benny
benny,
Have you tried processing the WM_CTLCOLORSCROLLBAR message? By the way, I cannot find the value of ES_VSCROLL. Ratch
Posted on 2003-12-19 23:41:17 by Ratch
Hi, Ratch! good afternoon.
i dont know how to use message WM_CTLCOLORSCROLLBAR :(
i tried to use SetSysColors, but fail.
DO YOU HAVE ANY EXAMPLE ?
i am sorry for mistake WS_VSCROLL for ES_VSCROLL .
Posted on 2003-12-20 01:59:47 by benny
benny,
Yes, this is an example from Charles Petzold's book Programming Windows. As you can see, processing WM_CTLCOLORSCROLLBAR is quite simple. Ratch
Posted on 2003-12-21 12:45:12 by Ratch
thank you Ratch !
you are so kind ! i will study this code use my heart.
i play the example, it seems only change scrollbar's background color, but how i can change its face color ?

benny
Posted on 2003-12-21 18:50:32 by benny
benny,

but how i can change its face color ?

A scrollbar has a thumb, arrows, and background. What is the face of a scrollbar? Ratch
Posted on 2003-12-22 12:53:41 by Ratch
the face would be the scroll bar buttons/arrows
Posted on 2003-12-22 14:41:52 by njkt809
njkt809,
Those parts are buried deep within Windows, and Windows doesn't let you directly change any scroll parts except the background. I haven't figured out how to access those parts yet, or if even I can possibly do it. There are lots of commercial scrollbar libraries on the market, if you don't mind the cost and bloat. And if you go the Java route, I believe it's part of the package to be able to size and color the scroll parts directly. Or you can roll your own, but that appears like a lot of work. The site below appears to offer a free package if you don't mind the add on being written in C, and the program only good for XP, 2000 and beyond. Ratch

http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/coolscroll.asp
Posted on 2003-12-22 16:02:59 by Ratch
can we not hack into the uxtheme.dll of windows to find out how it does everything that it does?
Posted on 2003-12-22 16:35:05 by evil__donkey
evil__donkey,

can we not hack into the uxtheme.dll of windows to find out how it does everything that it does?

Are you asking me, or the whole audience reading this thread? I'll assume it's I.

Yes, you can even have the source, but what are you going to do with it? Make a new dll to ship with your product? Or hack the current dll and restore it on the fly? If the former, your program will not run without the new dll. If the latter, your program will not run when the original dll's are changed by a OS upgrade. It's best if features can be implemented by supported API calls and methods that won't fail when specific code changes. Ratch
Posted on 2003-12-22 17:06:50 by Ratch