Posted on 2003-12-24 17:28:25 by clippy
Thats a wonderful idea! :grin:

:alright:
Posted on 2003-12-24 20:31:00 by packetvb
Typical MS pulling another con trick again, real men know what a BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH is where you get an instant black screen, no diagnostics and the OS absolutely will not restart without a hardware reset.

If you cannot generate a BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH you are not doing anything BAD enough yet. :tongue:

Regards,
http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=2f46ed9f24413347f14439b64bdc03fd
Posted on 2003-12-25 00:50:17 by hutch--
You do mean Blue Screen don't you Hutch? "Would never correct the masta" but slightly confused and my chuckle was directed at your comment about MS.
Posted on 2004-01-02 21:32:27 by mrgone
Ummm, you guys know that BBSpot is just a humour site, right? And all their stories are just satirical?
Posted on 2004-01-06 18:18:41 by sluggy

Ummm, you guys know that BBSpot is just a humour site, right? And all their stories are just satirical?

No, all their stories are 100% true, there are no lies. And I can assure you tehre are no BSODs
Posted on 2004-01-06 18:30:47 by scientica
mrgone,

No, no,

I mean the real thing, take out the OS completely so that it does not even warn you and you get no diagnostics at all, just a black screen, sometimes with the text mode cursor, sometimes not.

Its harder to do on the later versions of Windows although I had no problems in win2k with a driver problem related to sound cards but a blue screen says you still have some warning diagnostic capacity left, when you mess it up real bad you trash graphics mode, operating system and any structured exception handling as well and you end up with a bare black screen.

Last time I had the pleasure was while developing in memory dialog templates where you get no warning or errors if it does not work and if you miscount the number of controls or get the alignment wrong everything went black. :tongue:

Regards,
http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=2f46ed9f24413347f14439b64bdc03fd
Posted on 2004-01-06 18:37:30 by hutch--
Oh the real mean and nasty one. Yeah I've seen it. I don't like that one because there is no warning or good clues.
Posted on 2004-01-08 17:39:09 by mrgone
You're way beyond SEH if you get even a BSOD.

Last time I had the pleasure was while developing in memory dialog templates where you get no warning or errors if it does not work and if you miscount the number of controls or get the alignment wrong everything went black. :tongue:

Sounds like Win9x to me.

Never had a black screen under NT... only thing worse than a BSOD I've had was instantaneous reboot, caused by a triple fault - and that was entirely my own problem. (Oh, and the reboots you get when you have "auto reboot on crash" doesn't qualify as 'black screen' in any way, it's just a BSOD).
Posted on 2004-01-08 18:15:24 by f0dder