Hi All,

When running Iczelions tutorial 3 or 4 under RadASM the specific error generated is "unhandled exception error", this is posted in a dialog box with the title HLA Exception. I assume this error is generated by the HLA assembler - does anyone know in which hhf file HLA references this exception error and what is causing it. I am running XP Pro (N.B. this error does not occur if I run the tutorial exe file from the command prompt).

Cheers and a Happy New Year

MArc
Posted on 2003-12-29 14:54:47 by Krug
Are you compiling with the -w switch?
Posted on 2003-12-29 15:03:02 by Kain
I've never had that problem with RadAsm before. I have version 2.0.3.6. What version of RadAsm do you have?
Posted on 2003-12-29 17:04:39 by Odyssey

Hi All,

When running Iczelions tutorial 3 or 4 under RadASM the specific error generated is "unhandled exception error", this is posted in a dialog box with the title HLA Exception. I assume this error is generated by the HLA assembler - does anyone know in which hhf file HLA references this exception error and what is causing it. I am running XP Pro (N.B. this error does not occur if I run the tutorial exe file from the command prompt).

Cheers and a Happy New Year

MArc

Unhandled exception errors are handled by the HLA run-time system that begins
the execution of an HLA program. It literally means you haven't put any try..endtry
blocks in your code to handle a given exception that gets raised.

The "excepts.hhf" header file is about as close as you'll get to anything that
deals with this exception; however, perusing that won't be very satisfactory to you,
I'm afraid.

The exception is most likely caused by an illegal memory access. Is there a hexadecimal
number displayed in the dialog box when the exception occurs? This is the exception
number.

The best way to track down problems like this is to run OllyDbg on the code. It does
a pretty good job of identifying the offending instruction.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-12-29 17:31:27 by rhyde
Hi All,

Not using -w switch, RadASM version 2.0.3.8. Randy loaded in HLA v1.60 and re-installed RadASM, seems to have cleared problem.

Cheers

MArc
Posted on 2003-12-30 14:01:59 by Krug