I want to include in my application objects that look like Explorer Bands.
I have child window with a listview on the right, and on the left there should be another child window that will contain a treeview or another child window with some controls in it.

Whit spy++ I tried to "copy" windows but it is very difficoult.
Windows has a tool windows of the class "BaseBar". This window includes a rebar with 2 band. The first band contains a toolbar that is the "x" button to the top-right to close the band.
The other band contain a treeview.

If this is to difficoult to do, I can create a window like the ones in Visual Studio or RadAsm. When I click on the View menu I can open some of these windows on the left or on the right.

Does someone has some code to build splitted windows and this kind of band objects?
Posted on 2003-12-31 11:00:32 by greenant
Try not to use the rebar band style of RBBS_BREAK, that should give you 2 bands on one line. the third is more difficult. if it is in the rebar control then look up in MSDN the example where they add an edit box to the rebar control band.
Posted on 2004-04-22 20:54:57 by Black iCE
I will try
Posted on 2004-04-23 00:35:05 by greenant
BaseBar looks to me as a general purpose container ie a static box, and within that the rebar resides with its controls. the other control is placed inside the static box under the rebar.
Posted on 2004-04-23 22:40:00 by Black iCE