heh, was that supposed to make any sense? ^_^
Posted on 2004-01-08 12:26:21 by f0dder

Means your heart is calous. "I'm sure you don't understand" It wasn't given to you to understand. Yes there is other life. Ever hear of angels? der ah da tell us how it works oh Johnny come lately. Darwin was right.Lol lol lol lol

i don't have the slightest idea what you're talking about.
other than that, let's stay on-topic, shall we?
Posted on 2004-01-08 12:28:02 by Tola
I'm so glad we have you to tell us what to say. Maybe you should join the thought police.
Posted on 2004-01-08 12:36:47 by mrgone
Anybody hear when they are going to let the rover start moving around ? It's been 5 days or so, on the site they say 4 or 5 days but that's in the mission statement so it was written a long time ago.
Posted on 2004-01-08 12:40:18 by donkey

I'm so glad we have you to tell us what to say. Maybe you should join the thought police.

Maybe if your sentence would've made sense, he wouldn't had to have written it like that?
Posted on 2004-01-08 13:49:13 by Hiroshimator

Anybody hear when they are going to let the rover start moving around ? It's been 5 days or so, on the site they say 4 or 5 days but that's in the mission statement so it was written a long time ago.
I've looked around and cannot find an answer to this question - I read six days to prep the rover for moving around. I can hardly wait myself! There is so much we (humankind) have yet to learn about the universe.

- the rover can send information to earth once a day
- only 10 minutes a day can the rover send data to orbiter
- signals take 20 minutes to travel to earth
- send signal from low gain antenne at 40 bps
- send signal from high gain antenne at 2,500 bps

I think it will take some time to do anything with it! Must take all day to receive a couple images.

http://marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov/mission/spacecraft_surface_rover.html

Really an amazing tool - I can imagine dozens of rovers exploring all the planets of the universe (each rover with it's own features to overcome the difficulties of each planet/mission, of course).
Posted on 2004-01-08 20:22:44 by bitRAKE

Luckily my roomate has some 3D glasses. The little ridge on the lower left is more apparent in the 3D images. Looks like New Mexico. :) It is good to be open to shifts in perspective - we really know very little outside of our little space in the galaxy.

Cool, got a pair of 3D glasses today (the dinky paper ones they give out in theaters) and you're right :alright:

Ofcourse I can't ever let anybody see me using them :tongue:
Posted on 2004-01-09 13:13:00 by donkey
Hi bitRake,

Apparently next Thursday they are supposed to roll off the platform, Friday if they have to turn and leave out the back way because of the airbag that didn't retract.
Posted on 2004-01-09 22:14:41 by donkey
Posted on 2004-01-17 08:34:25 by Tola