I have seen guys here are having trouble with the IIUnknown interface but I still didn't see any solution to the problem.
I am having the same problem myself, and even after reinstalling everything (including WinXP) I still can't compile most of the examples.

Is it maybe having to do with the fact I have previously installed DirectX 8.1 SDK for Visual Studio?

Did any of you find the solution?

One more thing - why everybody seams to prefer Scronty's includes over Caleb's ?

may the code be with you,
Posted on 2004-01-07 16:30:37 by Milos
If you ever have trouble with any GUID, just define it yourself.
How hard is that? :tongue:

People prefer Scronty's includes to Caleb's because they're written to support mcall, whereas Caleb's don't.

Have a nice day :)
Posted on 2004-01-08 20:31:04 by Homer
Hey :)

It appeared to be difficult at first but I just ran on this

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/showthread.php?threadid=13827

The thread above should be sticky.... :grin:

COM is work of the devil :) and one day it will wash the earth with the blood of all the sinners.... lol...
(Jimmy Tango's Fat Busters.mpeg is effecting me ....)

I still didn't try it myself but it can't harm to ask in advance - is there anyway to work with DirectShow? The huge project I want to convert from C to ASM uses all these.
Posted on 2004-01-09 15:26:44 by Milos
Yeah man, someone here (Japheph?) made a com explorer to reveal all the guids of COM servers which are registered on your os. You merely have to define them in your app and then you can access them yourself.
Posted on 2004-01-10 01:49:21 by Homer