Hi all,

WinAsm Studio needs a new home (again!). Unfortunately, The current provider is not reliable and the site has to move. If anybody is willing to help with something reliable (~80-100 MB, FTP) I 'd very much appreciate it.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-01-18 02:33:31 by akyprian
Hi,
I use WinASM. I saw a link in this site itself. It is a free webhost without ads. The link is http://www.portland.co.uk/

Thomas Antony
Posted on 2004-01-18 05:14:43 by thomasantony
the certifika link also says "bandwidth exceeded" how much bandwidth do you need on a monthly basis?
Posted on 2004-01-18 08:44:43 by Hiroshimator
I can help host the package (as a mirror), but I am afraid not the site.
Posted on 2004-01-18 08:48:34 by roticv
Hi!

thomasantony: Thanks for your interest but they offer only 15 MB. Not enough I am afraid.

Hiroshimator: I really don't know. certifika hosts 3 other sites as Azrim had told me. My site used to have about 100-200 page views per day, If this helps.

roticv: Thanks, but as I don't know too much about websites, what am I supposed to do to have a site that is mirrored?

regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-01-18 09:12:15 by akyprian
Hi akyprian,

If anybody is willing to help with something reliable (~80-100 MB, FTP) I 'd very much appreciate it.

Just a question what does the ~80-100mb refers to? If it is diskspace, that would be alot. But if you are referring to bandwidth that's nothing.

Well I can host the main bulk (aka your package) so that when ppl download your package, they make use of my bandwidth. All you need to do is ask me to upload it, then I give you the link for the uploaded package. This would only help if bandwidth is a problem.
Posted on 2004-01-18 10:47:08 by roticv
Hi,

I meant 80-100MB of diskspace. Currently the site needs ~60MB of diskspace. this includes WinAsm package, Installer, WinAsm Help File, Add-Ins etc.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-01-18 11:33:43 by akyprian
That's seriously alot of diskspace. I do not think much ppl would be willing to host that amount of stuff.
Posted on 2004-01-18 11:48:30 by roticv
Thanks for your interest roticv.

If a proper place is not found then there will be no place!

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-01-18 13:14:54 by akyprian
it's not really anout not willing here, it's about being not capable to do so :/
I don't have the space to spare at the moment. Is there any way the size could be reduced?
Posted on 2004-01-18 13:20:20 by Hiroshimator
Hi Hiro,

What is the max we can have so that I see what can be left out?

akyprian
Posted on 2004-01-18 13:24:38 by akyprian
it depends on a lot of factors, can't really quote a number on the top of my head.
I'll have to seek out some things and even then I can't guarantee a place for long since the board only keeps growing :|

can you not share the files via edonkey or bittorrent?
Posted on 2004-01-18 17:07:18 by Hiroshimator
I'm willing to allocate you a subdomain on www.visualassembler.com if you're interested. RadASM consumes ~3.5GB and Donkey consumes less than 1G, so you have about 15GB to consume before my limit exceeds.

PM me if you're interested. It's a Linux server with MySQL and PHP. In fact, its the same host that hosts this board.

Oh, 100MB disk space. Ouch. I only have 63MB available and that has to be used by the board and RadASM and Donkey as well. PM me. I might be willing to pay a few dollars extra to expand the size limit for you. (Disclaimer: This offer is not for anyone else).

When I download everything, it's only about 14MB. I suppose the pages are another ~2 MB Max. The board must be ~4 MB Max. So where the remaining 40 MB?

Thanks,
Shawn
Posted on 2004-01-18 21:05:32 by _Shawn
Hi

Hiro: Thanks for everything

_Shawn:Your offer is interesting and I really want to thank you for this. Especially for your will to pay more just to host WinAsm Studio. I really appreciate it. Fortunately, I have another offer which meets the requirements w/o extra money for him. Thanks again.

Thanks to all for the will to help.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-01-19 03:30:49 by akyprian
Hi again,

Finally the offer I had via PM was not reliable and also _Shawn hadn't thought all consequences of his offer very well. Therefore There is no WinAsm Studio site. Please visit this forum for anything related to the project.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-01-27 00:32:47 by akyprian
? isn't hxxp://winasm.certifika.com winasm studio site ?
Posted on 2004-01-27 20:13:29 by Jnrz
Hi Jnrz,

Yes it used to be the WinAsm Studio site (If and when the server was up and running!). I've spent too much of my time to make it work. If I want to have some time to program, I must not spend all my spare(???) time. Azrim was kind enough to offer the webspace but the provider was unreliable. Until a proper place is found, I consider that there is no WinAsm Studio site. If not found, there will be no place.

Thanks for your interest,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-01-28 01:53:47 by akyprian
So http://winasm.code4u.net is the final site now?

Does anyone here want to take over the website or create a new website for WinAsm (with akyprian's approval)? I'm not a professional Web developer and am trying to ween myself off Office\FrontPage. I'd rather be studying Win32 assembly then PHP, ASP, etc. in my limited free time.

I will be able to continue creating installer packages. The ~60 MB worth of files akyprian mentioned includes every version of VisualASM\WinAsm released and the last installer package(s) before the "current" one. These can be deleted.
Posted on 2004-01-29 11:30:51 by Masmer
Hi,

Yes http://winasm.code4u.net is the final site.

Yes I 've realized today while downloading that 60MB invcludes everything. I will maintain the site myself from now on. Any new installers (and probably additions to the help file) are welcome, Masmer.

Thanks,

Antonis
Posted on 2004-01-29 12:59:22 by akyprian