I encourage that !!!

Maybe some time I will trabel to italy, for help in a nice project... ;), also I dont know how is the "local force" here, there exist, but I dont know how skilled they can be.... but normally the "nice guys" are out of M?xico, but I still here.. I will work normally here and improve the local force.

Yes in M?xico you can find a job.. some like computrabajo page can help... also I remember that I see a job time a go for a telecommunication company and the salary was really high, but in that place the skills required was a lot high too. Also find a job in a bank like a programmer I think that can be cool and the pay will be good, but you need be good too.

Have a nice day or night.

I want to move to Italy as soon as possible ;)
I've been in Rome in the my last vacations and I loved it, is an incredible city and I want to live there :alright:
I've been in www.computrabajo.es to find mine hehe, I've sent a couple of mails and two people answered, I kept the best offer which is a C\C++ Programmer the other one was a php work.

Don't worry if you know asm you are good, 95% (correct me if I'm wrong) of programmers thinks that asm is dead ...
Posted on 2004-02-04 09:00:41 by Eternal Idol Birmingham
I sold a computer program in 1989 for $20 wrote in 68000 asm. :)

Haven't sold any software since. :(

I am not really happy with the twist marketing has had on the software development process, but that is because I am a computer geek and don't concern myself with the monitary value of software or the adoption of technology by the masses. Maybe, one day I will meet with the industry again, but until that time I will just program as of feature of my job and not as my job itself.
Posted on 2004-02-04 09:34:41 by bitRAKE

I have plans of setting up my own company, and work out some ideas for software that I have.
But I need to earn the money for doing that with a 'regular' programming job

:alright:

I have my own company, I code 100% in asm, using my own IDE... it's hard, a lot of patience and work are needed, and the risk is high (you don't depend on a regular salary). But at least, not having a boss is great... :grin:
Posted on 2004-02-04 12:46:35 by Ultrano
i really wish very good things for you that have had the courage to put up your companies. I don't have till that courage :(

I'm a regular salary-prtogrammer in a 50 pepole company, 17 sw's, 3 hw's and others 30 in production/sell/buy and all the other better paid tie-jobs. :) I have to mess up with MFC :( , Borland C++ :( :( , and some asm routines sometime :).

Eternal Idol,
yes, I think italy is a very nice place, i live in Trieste ny the sea. But anyway, life really harder day by day. 10 years ago mi pay was about the same as now, something less, but bread, pizza cinema and other stuff costs 3 times more. Something is missing hahah :) I'm also thinking to move away some day :)

Anyway, programmer is the best job i have done. Is Just missing some movement.
Posted on 2004-02-04 13:27:49 by Bit7

not having a boss is great... :grin:

Hi Ultrano,

Yes, if it would be possible for everyone. :) It's just a nice dream of me. :)
Posted on 2004-02-04 13:51:36 by Vortex
Tell me more, i just cant wake up early is there such a thing as nightly IT worker ??

btw. Ultrano how do you distribute your progs ??? I heard it is realy difficult part.
Posted on 2004-02-04 14:07:15 by AceEmbler

How many of you are professional programmers working for companies or working privately selling shareware and such things.
anyone at MS? :grin: or any other big player such as norton, adobe, EA?
I bet you dont do programming in asm for money :)

OK, I accept your bet... After a few months, my own asm project seems to be after its critical part and I think I will not give it up. Well, I have a boss... it's me - sometimes nervous, otherwhile lazy, also harsh... but we accept each other mostly ;)
Well, I have some deed and I believe I become professional programmer from April... so please wish me well :)
Why I code it in asm? The code is injected, it can't contain any initialised data and the injection may be implemented at any address. And, I didn't know any other language at the beginning :grin:
Oh, I have to said it's nothing illegal, only some special project for a company here in Europe.
Posted on 2004-02-04 14:24:06 by MazeGen

Why I code it in asm? The code is injected, it can't contain any initialised data and the injection may be implemented at any address.

I can do that with C/C++ without too much trouble - and it would probably be even easier if I used gcc with -fPIC :-)
Posted on 2004-02-04 15:02:16 by f0dder
I dont :(, I wish thouh, I do programming for fun :d
btw...

? what is the career name where they teach you programming (c/c++. asm, etc) ?
because I checked Heald College but they just teach Visual Basic I (putting a command button on a form, that type of things) :-s
Posted on 2004-02-04 16:15:41 by Jnrz
bah, the IT bubble burst and there were too many Computer Science students in Canada, I remember one Canadian university having Capacity for about 30,000 students in one yeaR!!! Well I really don't want to do programming alone as a living, I want to become a hardware/software guy a guy who can program low-level code and make the hardware. no I don't make a living off this stuff, I'm still in high school (my parents make a living for me =P)
Posted on 2004-02-04 21:42:54 by x86asm
Originally posted by Bit7 Eternal Idol,
yes, I think italy is a very nice place, i live in Trieste ny the sea. But anyway, life really harder day by day. 10 years ago mi pay was about the same as now, something less, but bread, pizza cinema and other stuff costs 3 times more. Something is missing hahah :) I'm also thinking to move away some day :)

Anyway, programmer is the best job i have done. Is Just missing some movement.

It could be a little worse than what it was but Spain is really worse. In everything.
Where do you want to move? I want to live in Rome, is amazing.

Sometime I would like to come back to Buenos Aires by the way ;)

:alright: :alright:
Posted on 2004-02-05 03:28:08 by Eternal Idol Birmingham
Working for companies ...

I code in C++ and C# now. Writing static library's and Dll's in C++ and then design/code the GUI in C#.

Before that I did some ASP/Java (website of course) for an Oracle Database.

Before that I did C/Java on Solaris.

On my own time ...

I edited http://www.multimediasoft.com/3dabm/ for a guy. He had a customer who had bought the code and gave it to me to modify.

I am also writing a C++ program for a Carpenter (somebody who makes cabnets, doors, shutters...etc). It is going to hook up to an Access Database.

I am still trying to learn asm (fasm) well, but alot of times it gets pushed back.

Oh, and my current boss is www.drpaulcarter.com ... so I am learning alot from him.
Posted on 2004-02-05 16:25:50 by gorshing
Hi all,

I am not programming for hire right now. I just got a new sales job though ;).

Charles
Posted on 2004-02-15 18:57:29 by cdquarles
I've been "working with computers" for 35 years. Most of it has been programming, but I've also done other things, like operations, tech support, network administration, etc.

Most of my work has been with IBM System/360-370-390 mainframe Assembly, but I've also done some Fortran, Cobol and RPG on the big iron over the years.

As for the PC, I do get a chance to do some assembly language once in a while. It'e mostly "small stuff" these days. But I have done a couple of big projects. One of my favorites was a PostScript "driver" for the VideoComp typesetter, done in 100% x86 Assembly.

It's great having a hobby that you get paid for. :)
Posted on 2004-02-15 21:35:36 by S/390
I don't program, I write code :)

When you figure that one out you'll know what I mean. I am not that bad at stringing together a few functions and making something resembling an application but in reality a programmer needs to be much more thorough. So no, I don't program for a living, it is only a hobby for me boarding on an obsession. I'm too old now to switch careers so it is not likely to ever be more than an interesting folly. Also I can't look at an application the way the pro's like Bogdan et al do, they see the total picture as an algoritm and a series of events and responses, that is the way to professionally tackle programming. I program by writing a GUI then figuring out what to do with it solving problems as I encounter them and completely oblivious to the fact that there is a better way because I don't know exactly what it's called so I can't google for ideas.

Whether or not you actually make a living at programming is not the same as being a professional programmer, it just means you are a paid coder, whether you are professional is another matter entirely.
Posted on 2004-02-15 23:01:17 by donkey
My real life has absolutely nothing to do with coding. I just code for fun.
Downloaded some IDE`s (VS, Borland) and started to learn all by myself.
Six months ago i came to asm. Totally programming time est. 3 years.

I code when i have time to do so. Right now it doesnt look good :o
But when i am back i am looking forward for maybe a new ASM Syntax.

I decided recently not to become a professional programmer, but i keep it as a hobby. :alright:
Posted on 2004-02-17 01:22:27 by Ranma_at