I'm having trouble scrolling text in an edit control with flat scroll bars. When I scroll with the buttons the scroll bar reverts to a normal scroll bar, it also does this if I use the mouse wheel to scroll. When I use the thumb it flashes back and forth between a regular and flat scroll bar. I have not added a scroll bar to the edit control, outside of that it is pretty much a normal edit:

I am beginning to think that maybe I have to use ScrollDC but I have no idea how to use that to scroll text.

Edit box style:

ES_MULTILINE+WS_CHILD+WS_VISIBLE

Posted on 2004-02-06 01:28:42 by donkey
donkey,
Sorry I cannot help you, because I never used flat scrollbars (FSBs). But can you tell me what it means when the MS documentation says that Comctl32.dll version 6.0 and ABOVE does NOT support flat scrollbars? It would appear that FSBs are newer than plain SBs. So therefore the latter version would surely support FSBs. Awaiting your explanation. Ratch
Posted on 2004-02-06 22:05:09 by Ratch
Hi Ratch,

I hadn't noticed that note. Oh well, scrap the whole thing. It appears that MS has decided to drop support for them. I had pretty much decided to give up on them anyway, they are far too complicated to use for something that is as inconsequential as a scrollbar. I have no idea why they made them so complex and anyway they are at best full of every conceivable bug even when you get them working, for example scrolling with the mouse wheel seems to be unsupported, at least I could find no way to get it working. All in all they are pretty lame but there is no easy way to color a scrollbar without them. I may take a look at breaking up an existing scrollbar and painting each portion.
Posted on 2004-02-06 23:04:54 by donkey
donkey,
Thanx for the info. Ratch
Posted on 2004-02-06 23:23:24 by Ratch