I found ollydbg can recgnize masm32 source files,do as following:
first select "debug" option in radasm Project option dialog
add "/Fm /Zi" in assemble option
ok
after rebuild ,load the new exe file in ollydbg
select view/source files
you can load the source files and debug them
Posted on 2004-02-06 02:35:16 by pingyu
Those options tell ml.exe to add debugging symbols and to map them, but olly isn't showing that to me when I load the exe after building it as described - if I look at View/Source Files I see an empty table. Do I just need to tell Olly where to load import libs from, or do I need some missing symbol files? I don't have VC.
Posted on 2004-02-06 02:50:55 by Homer
Assemble: 3,O,$B\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /Fm /Zi /nologo /I"$I",2
Link: 5,O,$B\LINK.EXE /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DEBUG /VERSION:4.0 /LIBPATH:"$L",3,4
Posted on 2004-02-06 04:11:59 by pingyu
I think that the integrated debugger of VC++ is better for Masm.
Posted on 2004-02-06 04:50:34 by Vortex
ah well I don't use radasm either, but hey, I think I see the problem - I wasn't using the debug switch when Linking - thanks :)
Posted on 2004-02-06 08:10:55 by Homer
Hello, I've just discovered assembler language for Windows (have done a little assembler years ago on amiga computer) and am really happy to have arrived here. This is really cool, I had no plans whatsoever getting back into assembler yet after coming across RadASM and MASM32 and doing some searching on the net I see assembler is very alive and thriving, I keen to get going again, very happy assembler is so alive for Win32.

Okay, so here is my question, is there an integrated debugger environment for RadASM or any of the other assemblers which does the equivelent of Visual Studio debugger, ie single stepping through the code, break points, viewing variables and registers etc.. I've had a look at debug.inc and debug.lib which comes with both RadASM and MASM32 but neither seems to impliment an actual debugging environment, perhaps I'm missing something?

I'd very much appreciate any tips, hints, suggestions on how to do/setup assembler debugging with RadASM, MASM32 or any of the others. Also, I'd much appreciate tips on how to debug assembler code within Visual Studio.net IDE debugger... sorry if my questions are so basic, I'm completely new to this, each step is like a vertical learning curve, so I'd sure appreciate any pointers to help get me started.

Thanks in advance,

Greg :confused:
Posted on 2004-02-24 14:02:04 by SpaceBar
Hi SpaceBar,

The combination of RadASM breakpoints, VKim debug and Olly debug provide a very extensive and complete debugging package for RadASM. By using INT3 breakpoints instead of the normal ones any JIT debugger will open on a breakpoint. I find the integrated ones more convenient however.
Posted on 2004-02-24 14:41:07 by donkey
The IDE coming with PellesC package support source level debugging:

http://masmforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1986
Posted on 2004-02-25 05:02:52 by Vortex