Hi y'all,

I have a problem with creating dialogs in WinAsm. Whenever I add a new rc file to the project and click on "New dialog" in the RC Toolbox, the program crashes (typical Windows message: this program has caused an error and is being shut down...) :confused:. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong here? I'm using version 3.000 of the Studio, and my OS is Win2k.

For the rest I just love WinAsm; it's easy to use and makes the process of writing assembly programs a lot simpler! I wish to thank the creator for spending his time on developing this great - and free! - software!
Posted on 2004-02-12 12:40:42 by Mieuws
Hi,

Thanks for your good words.

I would very much appreciate it if you could give me a step by step procedure to replicate this problem (any others with win2k have similar problems?). I've never heard of this before. Please let me know.

Thanks very much indeed,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-12 14:44:10 by akyprian
Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. This is what I do to get the error:
-Open WinAsm - the project which I was working on the last time is automatically loaded (it contains a dialog resource which was created in BRW; here, the "visual" mode is enabled, you can see the dialog and put controls on it or add new dialogs, and the RC source text is hidden). The ASM source window is open, the resource window is closed (don't know if this has anything to do with it). The RC Toolbox is open also.
-Click on New Project in the toolbar and select Standard exe
-Add new rc to the project, and make sure the rc source text window is selected
-Click on "New dialog" in the RC Toolbox

As I mentioned before, the program crashes upon clicking the button...

While I'm at it :), there are also some other small things that might be changed:
-When typing the arguments of an invoke call, a list with the arguments of the specified call is displayed, each time hilighting the argument you're currently typing. This hilight only changes when you're currently changing an argument, though - when moving the text cursor to another argument, the hilight remains unchanged. Maybe in a next release of WinAsm you could implement code which would always change the hilight according to the argument the cursor is currently in (somewhat like in VB)
-The above mentioned arguments list disappears when continuing the arguments on a new line (with the \ character at the end of the first line), it'd be nice if you could change it so that it would keep visible when starting a new line
-I like the function you added which lists the members of a structure, but it seems to work only for local structs in a procedure. Would it be possible to make it also work for globally defined structs? (with "global" I mean in the .data or .data? section)

Thanks and regards

Mieuws
Posted on 2004-02-13 12:31:52 by Mieuws
Hi again,

-Add new rc to the project, and make sure the rc source text window is selected
-Click on "New dialog" in the RC Toolbox

As I mentioned before, the program crashes upon clicking the button...

After adding a new rc file, the "New Dialog" button should be disabled (this is my fault-I will fix it). You should double click on the rc file on the project tree first and then choose "New Dialog".

1.When typing the arguments of an invoke call, a list with the arguments of the specified call is displayed, each time hilighting the argument you're currently typing. This hilight only changes when you're currently changing an argument, though - when moving the text cursor to another argument, the hilight remains unchanged. Maybe in a next release of WinAsm you could implement code which would always change the hilight according to the argument the cursor is currently in (somewhat like in VB)

2.The above mentioned arguments list disappears when continuing the arguments on a new line (with the \ character at the end of the first line), it'd be nice if you could change it so that it would keep visible when starting a new line

3.I like the function you added which lists the members of a structure, but it seems to work only for local structs in a procedure. Would it be possible to make it also work for globally defined structs? (with "global" I mean in the .data or .data? section)

1.&2. put into the "ToDo" List
3.Already in the "To Do" list. Please be a little patient with this.

Thanks and regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-14 14:00:34 by akyprian
Thanks for the solution, and for wanting to implement those functions! :)

Best regards
Posted on 2004-02-15 01:02:04 by Mieuws