hello,

I've got some problems to set the SS_BITMAP style to a Static control on Radasm. If I double click in "xstyles" on properties and i choose "SS_BITMAP" (0xE) then OK, i've got some problems. This is not the SS_BITMAP style wich is applied but 3 other styles: SS_RIGHT (0x2), SS_BLACKRECT (0x4) and SS_GRAYFRAME (0x8).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but i can't applied only the SS_BITMAP style.

Thank you very much.

Regards, Neitsa.
Posted on 2004-02-13 19:57:30 by Neitsa
Hi Neitsa,

Use the image control (the button with the RadASM icon) and select BITMAP from the TYPE property.
Posted on 2004-02-13 20:17:05 by donkey
Thank you very much Donkey !

I was believing that the Image control was only for Icons ( i haven't seen the "type" properties). :o

It's a pleasure to have very good and quick answers on this forum. :alright:

Thanks a lot !

Regards, Neitsa.
Posted on 2004-02-13 20:35:41 by Neitsa
uh? for me when i make "type" at bitmap there is no image that is displayed......can you explain please?
Posted on 2004-02-14 18:35:01 by eedy31
did you checked RadAsm help, "adding a resource" ?
Posted on 2004-02-14 19:13:49 by cakmak
Hi eedy31,

Yes, as CakMak said check the help file for details on how to add a bitmap to your project. You can use the number (ID) that you assign to the bitmap directly in the dialog editor by putting it in the Image field in the following format:

where 1001 is the ID you assigned to the bitmap. At that point there is no need to invoke LoadImage .

Hi Ketil,

How about when we assign an image in this way the graphic's file name is loaded from the resource section of the RAP file and it is displayed in the dialog editor ?
Posted on 2004-02-14 19:45:56 by donkey
Hi all,

What are exactly the differences beetwen this simple method, and the Bitblt or LoadImage methods ?

Thank you very much.

P.S: Eedy: j'ai capt? le truc, c'est tout bete de pas y avoir pens? en fait, mais fallait capt? que l'image ?tait ? d?clarer par son ID...Si tu captes toujours pas, tu sais o? on peut se retrouver ;) A++
Posted on 2004-02-14 20:19:45 by Neitsa
Hi Neitsa,

The only real difference is that if you do it the easy way you have no control over back-bufferring the image so you may get flickering during a redraw of the window. Besides that it is just a little easier to do but for myself I generally prefer to draw the bitmap directly onto the dialog and bypass the control completely. It is useful when you have a set image and want to pump out the code quickly but it is generally used in high level languages that have less control over the draw cycle.
Posted on 2004-02-14 21:04:26 by donkey
Yes it work now .thank you donkey :)
Posted on 2004-02-15 07:24:20 by eedy31