Hi there :)

Enjoy this WinASM addin.
It's a small utility to manage ml, rc and link command line parameters (in a more visual way !!) used by WinASM build commands.
For example, you can create a "Debug" and a "Release" configuration (like in vs ...) and switch between them quickly

16/02 : New Version 1.01 ------------------------------------------

- Added treeview tooltips with command line parameter help for ml & rc
- The dialog was not modal : corrected

NOTE : If anyone have the link.exe switches help, please pm me or let me know, i will add them as tooltips. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

As usual, feedbacks are welcome ;)

PhoBos.
Posted on 2004-02-15 11:42:10 by PhoBos
Hi PhoBos,

Thanks for this useful Add-In. It seems that you forgot some debug marcos though! You can find description of the link switches in the WinAsm Help file.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-16 05:09:01 by akyprian
Hi PhoBos,

A method to use an alternative linker and\or create debug builds is what I had been hoping for. Thanks! :alright:

But the configuration manager dialog apparently doesn't save the command line switches even when the floppy disk icon is clicked. I got it to save the name of the configuration, but not the command line switches.
Posted on 2004-02-16 06:58:07 by Masmer
here is the next version : No more debug macros and the "link treeview" has now tooltips (as ml & rc) -> Thank akyprian :)

Masmer :
Thanks for the feedback.
The configurations are stored in the registry, under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PhoBos\WABuildEx" Do you have something there ? Please let me know !

PhoBos.
Posted on 2004-02-16 07:28:22 by PhoBos
It's there in the registry, but not the dialog box, even after restarting WinAsm. I'll try out your newest build and report back.
Posted on 2004-02-16 10:37:40 by Masmer
No luck with 1.0.2.
Posted on 2004-02-16 10:40:00 by Masmer
Hi both PhoBos and Masmer,

PhoBos: The problem is the height of your ComboBox (now it is 13). Please change it and upload again.

Masmer: To verify the above use the keyboard-not the mouse-to see what you've saved.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-16 13:08:25 by akyprian
'Morning guys :)

Thanks for help akyprian :alright:
CboConfig.Height = 90
Does it solve the problem ?
Posted on 2004-02-17 02:09:19 by PhoBos
Um, I had WinAsm Studio 3.0.0.0 installed, not 3.0.0.2.

And now BCM addin appears to work. Thanks!
Posted on 2004-02-17 05:47:34 by Masmer
hello PhaBos,

Thank you very mush for the nice add-in.
But I have a problem. In fact I don't have the access rights to the registry you use:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PhoBos\WABuildEx"
and I miss the config data.
So, I hope you try the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" also or save the configurations to
"WAAddins.ini".

kokoro
Posted on 2004-02-17 05:49:19 by kokoro
:) :) :) Masmer !! Happy to see you can use it !!

Hi kokoro,
Thanks for the feedback... I will add HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the save process...

PhoBos.
Posted on 2004-02-17 07:18:34 by PhoBos
Hi PhoBos,

I agree with kokoro too. There are cases that people don't have full privileges.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-17 07:25:44 by akyprian
ok, here is version 1.03

- Dblclick on the treview added (to insert current selected node....)
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER support added... (if HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE failed...)

PhoBos :cool:
Posted on 2004-02-17 08:06:41 by PhoBos
Hi PhoBos,

Many thanks! Now it work fine :)
But there is little suggestion that adding "ES_AUTOHSCROLL" style to the EDITBOX controls.
If there are many options and command line too long, some options won't be editable.

kokoro
Posted on 2004-02-17 20:42:34 by kokoro
Hi kokoro,

Yep, already done for the incomming new version :)
Thanks for the feedback ! :allright:
Posted on 2004-02-18 02:05:47 by PhoBos
Hi there,

New version with a few corrections / addons :

- Added a "delete configuration" button
- ES_AUTOHSCROLL added for editbox style
- few command line switches corrections

Enjoy :)
Posted on 2004-02-18 06:52:13 by PhoBos
Hi :)
A minor suggestion: how about using the WAAddIns.ini file instead of the registry? That way WinAsm's installation would be much cleaner (no need to mess with the registry to uninstall it, for example). And also you would get the advantage of keeping the settings available for anyone, even when running WinAsm from a network drive.
Posted on 2004-02-18 13:34:54 by QvasiModo
I do agree again. I hate registry settings for which there is no option to be removed automatically. I've always prefered the ini method to strore settings.

regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-20 00:22:37 by akyprian
Hi !

Thank you for those comments. I'll use WAAddIns.Ini to store config in the next version.
Posted on 2004-02-20 02:31:04 by PhoBos
One more thing: I just noticed that the combo box doesn't seem to work correctly (you can use the keyboard to select items, but clicking on the arrow to see the dropdown list doesn't work). I think it has to do with the height of the combo box as defined in the resource script.
Posted on 2004-02-20 11:22:37 by QvasiModo