hi all,

i've just a little question,

is there a way, inside a component, to create a property hidden from other users, that only I , knowing the name, can use ? If i move __property xxx away from my published section, it is always visible on the pull down objects menu.. :)

thx B7
Posted on 2004-02-17 05:46:03 by Bit7
It's been quite a while since I've worked with BCB or Delphi, but I wouldn't think such a feature exists - in the context of normal code writing, it probably doesn't make much sense :)

What do you need it for? Perhaps we can come up with some other solution, in case it cannot be done "your way" (which I cannot rule out might be doable, though)
Posted on 2004-02-17 10:23:28 by f0dder
thx fodder,

ok, you're right, better explain the problem.

There are several appliation that chan use a client ActiveX, and the AX is build with other custom components, one of this is the communication component.

The communication component talk with a Server application.

The problem is: only when a particular one application (NOTAllowedApplication) use the ActiveX, a secret variable in the communication component is set, so the server know that NOTAllowedApplication is using the ActiveX, and so the server stop the communication.

This is the final need. I've created an hidden property of the activeX, then i tought to pass this value to a hidden property in the Communication Component, but as you said, seems it's not possible. The __property definition seems don't have this feature.

Many thanks B7
Posted on 2004-02-18 02:53:12 by Bit7