Hello,

I use MASM a week ago. Now there are some problems, when i use masm32. under winxp.

I need the Alloc-Proc to create memory for a string, but the linker throw the following error message:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "\masm32\lib\ole32.lib"

At school there are no failures or errors (Win2k).

If i don't use the masm32.lib, then i can compile and link the application. No errors, no failures.

Any ideas to solve the problem?

MfG Manuel.
Posted on 2004-02-17 11:38:01 by other
1) do you have masm32 installed in \masm32 ?
2) is your source code on the same partition/drive as the masm32 install?
3) is ole32.lib present in the \masm32\lib folder? (the masm32.lib probably has some routines requiring ole32.dll, perhaps stuff for loading gif/jpg pictures...)
Posted on 2004-02-17 11:48:27 by f0dder
Hello,

the source code wasn't on the same partition like masm32.

Is there no possibility to use another partition than the same as masm?

MfG Manuel.
Posted on 2004-02-17 11:57:55 by other
Well, for whatever silly reason, you will find semi-absolute paths all over the masm32 package - ie, referencing "\masm32\whatever". This means that the masm32 package can only be installed in \masm32, and that the source code you build generally must be on that partition, too.

The solution is to hunt down all absolutive references and replace them with relative ones, then add your masm32\bin dir to %PATH%, and include/lib to %INCLUDE% and %LIB%, respectively. This is done via autoexec.bat on 9x systems, or through the environment variable editor on NT systems. For win2k and iirc XP, and probably also NT4: right-click "this computer", properties, advanced tab, environment variables button.
Posted on 2004-02-17 12:46:49 by f0dder