The title speaks for itself ;)
This new version of the UPX addin has a new name: "EXE Packer AddIn v2.00". The full source is included.
I'll be making a tiny update soon, to support WinAsm 3.0.0.3 new CURRENTPROJECTINFO structure (I'm currently getting the project type directly from the .wap file).
I also have some other updates in mind, but none in the near future.
Tell me what you think so far! :)

EDIT: Attachment updated (2.0.0.1)
EDIT: Attachment updated (2.0.1.0)
EDIT: Attachment updated (2.0.1.1)
EDIT: Attachment updated (2.0.1.2)
Posted on 2004-02-17 13:38:05 by QvasiModo
Hi QvasiModo,

I don't know what i did wrong, but even after rebuild the project i cannot see the packer in my addin list :(
Got WinASM 3.0.0.3 & XP pro....

Any idea ?
Posted on 2004-02-18 05:18:25 by PhoBos
Hi,

Same problem here. I 've already PM'ed Qvasimodo. Let's wait for him :grin:

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-18 05:20:33 by akyprian
Hi, PhoBos and akyprian. Thanks for the feedback :)

:confused:

I don't have XP to test it, but my first guess is it has something to do with the manifest file. Please try removing it and rebuilding, to see what happens.
Also I don't know what the error code 0x36B1 means (the winerr addin shows no string for that one).
Sorry I can't be of more help... :(
Posted on 2004-02-18 13:40:10 by QvasiModo
New upload on top.

- Changed the manifest script, let's see how XP chews this one.
- Small bugfix: now the "Pack" item at the "Make" menu is grayed when no project is loaded.

Pls tell me if it works now :)
Posted on 2004-02-18 16:33:17 by QvasiModo
' Morning :)

Well QvasiModo, i'm afraid it's not working here :(
Same prb than before....

PhoBos
Posted on 2004-02-19 02:29:41 by PhoBos
Hi,

It doesn't work for me either.

From winerr addin:
0x36B1=This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-20 00:18:31 by akyprian
The error description seems to confirm the problem is in the manifest. Both because Win98 doesn't have that error description, and I had some bug reports for the AddManifest addin for RadAsm about some people getting that error when running programs with buggy manifests. The problem is, this time I don't know what I've done wrong with the script... :confused:

Please try to remove the manifest altogether, to see what happens... :(
Posted on 2004-02-20 11:27:52 by QvasiModo
After trying everything, even ripping the manifest from an existing addin to check out it's manifest, I turned to the most obvious course of action: to open the xml file in IE. If it can read xml files, it can certainly check their syntax.

This was the problem: since I couldn't add the manifest directly as a string in the script, I copied and pasted it from an existing rc into an xml file. But I forgot to remove the extra double quotes! No wonder it wasn't working...
:stupid:

Anyway, I've updated the attachment with the new version (2.0.1.0). It has some minor changes in the GUI, but the most important change is the addition of "Profiles". That way you can keep predefined settings for different packers. I thought it would be useful if you want to try several of them, to see which one gives you the better compression rate.

Let's see how well it does now :)
Posted on 2004-02-21 17:47:04 by QvasiModo
@PhoBos:

While trying to figure out what was wrong with the addin, I compared my xml script with the one I found in the WABuildEX.dll addin. They turned out to be identical, which only contributed to my confusion :grin:

I'm wondering if that addin doesn't have a problem with XP styles too... :confused:

Here's my corrected version, using ResHacker:
Posted on 2004-02-21 17:49:52 by QvasiModo
Hi Qvasimodo,

I am glad you (probably) solved the problem. The earliest I can test it is on Wednesday. Sorry!

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-02-23 09:16:40 by akyprian
Hi again,

Unfortunately there was a problem in your xml file. I used my own xml and everything is OK. Also there was a problem with your GetOpenFileName Filter string that I fixed. Here is the working version (with your source modified).

Regards and thanks for this useful Add-In,

akyprian

Shall I upload to my site?
Posted on 2004-02-25 02:53:02 by akyprian
Sorry I didn't reply before, I've been ill this past few days and couldn't leave my bed, let alone going to a cybercafe :P

Sure, no problem, upload it whenever you want :)
I'll be checking out the new source to (finally) learn what I've done wrong with the xml.
Posted on 2004-03-01 16:40:03 by QvasiModo
Version 2.0.1.2. Small bugfix and changes. :)
New upload on top.
Posted on 2004-03-08 16:19:49 by QvasiModo
Thanks,

Will be uploaded to my site soon.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-03-09 03:55:02 by akyprian