is there a way to show the windows of a old asm project when starting new with RAD?

like to be able to kinda like using the window.dlg? if this is making any sense at all. I want to be ablt to view my window before compiling is that possible without starting a new project from scratch?

ty

MoonCrash
Posted on 2004-02-18 06:39:37 by MoonCrash
Hi MoonCrash

If your old project uses dialogs then Donkeys addin, Res2Dlg, will help you create .dlg files.

If your project uses CreateWindowEx then there is no way.

KetilO
Posted on 2004-02-18 06:44:22 by KetilO
is that true with new projects also then? meaning if using createwindowex you can't see it.

MoonCrash
Posted on 2004-02-18 06:50:38 by MoonCrash
True
Posted on 2004-02-18 07:09:30 by KetilO
Hi MoonCrash,

You can always create the dialog in the dialog editor then use the Dilaog to Window tool to convert it to a CreateWindowEx type window. But no, there is no way to edit a window created with CreateWindowEx, after all there is no template to follow that can tell the software what the window consists of or looks like. It may be possible (actually thinking about it, it is quite easy) to capture a window that is running and displayed to a dialog then converting it to DLG format, I may one day consider adding this to Res2Dlg but not any time soon unfortuantely.
Posted on 2004-02-18 12:30:28 by donkey