Hi all RadASM users.

This addin creates complete code with CreateWindowEx from a RadASM dialogbox. I know a lot of you have been waiting for this.

KetilO
Posted on 2001-11-03 11:22:11 by KetilO
Posted on 2001-11-03 11:54:10 by bitRAKE
Hi!

How do you use the code generated by the addin in a new project??? I did like this:

I selected to start a new console app, pasted the code, then I compiled the app and opened the exe in a hex editor and changed the PE header manually - from subsystem=WinCUI to subsystem=WinGUI.

This works, but there must be an easier way to create a new project without using any resource files!

/Delight
Posted on 2001-11-04 14:27:53 by Delight
all you have to do is create new template, i've done something like this some time ago, here u go

hope this will help:alright:
Posted on 2001-11-04 14:57:32 by NEMO
Hi Delight

If you often create projects without rc you should create a new project type. You can also use the Win32 App project type and change the link options by removing the ,4 at the end of the line:
5,O,$B\LINK.EXE /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /RELEASE /VERSION:4.0 /LIBPATH:$L,3,4

KetilO
Posted on 2001-11-04 19:25:25 by KetilO
Thanks KetilO and Nemo! That made it much easier!

/Delight
Posted on 2001-11-05 04:17:58 by Delight
Hi all RadASM users

I have upgraded the DlgToWin addin. You can now choose from four templates:

1. DlgToWin.rad
Creates a running app using CreateWindowEx on window and controls from a RadASM dialogbox.
Also creates a WM_COMMAND section on buttons and menu items.

2. DlgAsMain.rad
Creates a running app using dialogbox template as main window from a RadASM dialogbox.

3. DialogApp.rad
Creates a running app using dialogbox template from a RadASM dialogbox.

4. Dialog.rad
Creates a dialogbox proc to be included in a larger project.

You can also export individual sections, change the proc name and add a menu.

The zip contains:
1. DlgToWin.dll
2. The four templates.
3. RadASM 1.0.6.3 with minor bug fixes and support for WinXP ClearType.

KetilO
Posted on 2001-11-10 10:16:48 by KetilO
Hi all

I am planning ahed.
In version 7.0.1 of this addin (the '.01' is for minor bug fixing) RadASM will only be used to load the dll. The dll wil only show an edit box and a button 'Go!'. You will be given the option to load an existing description. The description is in plain English. Depending on the accurancy of your description you might create the fastest sorting algo the world has seen, or a compression algo that compresses any sized file down to 1 bit. For those of you into game programming. By the time I am finished DirectX13 is out. Rumors are that DX13 will support 4D cards. For those of you that can affort such a card the fourth dimention will suck you into the game, so the 200 fps on a 32 inch screen 4096x3072 resolution will be for your wife/gf, family and friends amusement, watching you get killed over and over again. Can you wait?
Have fun. :grin:

KetilO
Posted on 2001-11-10 10:20:06 by KetilO