Is there undocumented macros in masm?
Posted on 2001-11-05 03:58:42 by vkim
I have spent a little time tracing through ML 7.0 to see if I could find something new, but found nothing. I would like to spend some more time with it later. Sometimes I'm just in that trace through others' code mode. :)
Posted on 2001-11-05 17:54:57 by bitRAKE
Knowing Microsoft, it probably has the code to format you hard disk, run a flight simulator, check the registry to ensure that you are politically correct and send secret emails to Bill Gates if you have ever been known to support the states that don't like Microsoft's trading practices.

Its usually risky to use undocumented functions as they often disappear next version.

Regards,

hutch@movsd.com
Posted on 2001-11-05 20:00:41 by hutch--
LOL Hutch

:alright:
Posted on 2001-11-05 21:04:47 by titan
I was really looking for a game of pong. ;)
Posted on 2001-11-05 21:09:04 by bitRAKE
Is there anything new at all with masm 7.0?
Posted on 2001-11-06 09:27:05 by dxantos
MASM 7x ML.exe complains when you use a wildcard to assembly many files, but it doesn't complain in 6.15. It doesn't really complain, it simply won't assembly because it doesn't recognize *.asm as a valid file

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2001-11-06 09:33:59 by _Shawn
"it simply won't assembly because it doesn't recognize *.asm as a valid file " . . . My question is, is this an mark against ASM programmers or what? Why would MS want to take out working stuff that we may be able to use? What is Hutch going to do about this?

I hope someone find out what else is missing or added and tell us what all of this is leading to so that we know what to do to prepare for the future.
Posted on 2001-11-06 16:41:35 by cmax
Personally, I look at this as a 'fix' :)

This happened in the past to MASM, but was added back in? Now, it's taken out again, but remember this is beta 2 code. Who knows what ML7.0 final will be?

All my macros work on the new version - well, the ones that worked before anyway. :)
Posted on 2001-11-06 20:00:33 by bitRAKE
So nothing new except a bug that wasnt there. :( Guess that someone forgot to include SetArgv.obj in the link).

I think, I will stick to masm 6.15 for the time being. I havent found any serious bug on it. (Found many on Visual C++, but none on masm).

What I really wanted is to see if there was finally support for name mangled functions. Thus making easier to interface C++ with assembly. It will really be nice to be able to make a namespace consisting entirely of assembly sources. (Thus minimizing namespace crashes).

Anyway, it was a nice dream :)
Posted on 2001-11-07 13:16:32 by dxantos