Current version 0.5.8

A library written in HLA that creates Windows compatible .ini (or any extension you like) files, with some additional functions not available in the Window's API for processing private initialization files.

Although it has not been tested in Linux, a recompilation of the source in Linux should work, as no Windows API is called directly through the library.

Note: this will likely not work with C-style strings, though I haven't tested this.

Current supported functions:

FUNCTION...................IDENTICAL WINDOWS API

ReadInt....................GetPrivateProfileInt
ReadString.............. GetPrivateProfileString
ReadRecord..............GetPrivateProfileStruct
ReadAllSections........GetPrivateProfileSectionNames
ReadSection.............GetPrivateProfileSection
WriteString...............WritePrivateProfileString
WriteRecord..............WritePrivateProfileStruct
WriteSection.............WritePrivateProfileSection

ReadConfig...............-none
ReadHex...................-none
WriteInt....................-none
WriteHex...................-none
WriteConfig...............-none

DeleteSection............-none
DeleteKey..................-none

See documentation for more details.

I'd appreciate any bug reports and suggestions.
Posted on 2004-03-09 12:43:14 by Kain
updated Config.lib to version 0.5.0

Added new function: WriteConfig... you can now easily dublicate an entire .ini file by ReadConfig/WriteConfig combo.

-Optimized for speed. It is now roughly 3 times faster than using Windows API calls
-Can process files larger than 60k. Windows API versions begin to have problems processing configuration files larger than 60k ( I don't know exactly when ... between 60k to 66k).
Posted on 2004-04-11 03:30:19 by Kain
Updated to version 0.5.2

cleaner code, a few bug fixes.
Posted on 2004-04-15 18:29:20 by Kain
I think a tutorial on how to how to use ini files or what they're good for would be a nice addition to your config.lib package. :)
Posted on 2004-04-17 12:32:44 by Odyssey
Hiya! Long time no see. Everything okay?

A tutorial sounds like a good idea as I've had several people ask me what it's about. But I suck at writing tutorials (and documents in general). Ah well I'll see if I can slap something together.
Posted on 2004-04-17 13:19:57 by Kain
Yeah its been a while. I'm taking a break from asm to explore the dark side with C++ and OOP :) but I shall return :). I know writing tutorials and documentation is not as much fun as writing code but it has to be done. :) I've noticed that you've been keeping yourself busy with your projects and with testing freeHLA. :alright: . So I'll see you around. Hopefully by then HLA 2.0 will be here :grin:
Posted on 2004-04-17 14:56:27 by Odyssey
A new update to v.0.58

A couple bug fixes and 2 new functions: DeleteSection, DeleteKey.

Also I've updated the documents, still not a tutorial, but more informative than before... with an in-document sample file and description.
Posted on 2004-06-03 23:40:34 by Kain