heya, how can i get my programm into the taskbar like windows media player?

greetz Knighty
Posted on 2004-03-14 09:27:57 by Knighty
Hi Knighty,

Tough tough problem. I suppose you could use the ITaskbar interface to add an item to the taskbar (I posted code once to do that I think) then get it's bounding rectangle. At that point you would need to subclass the taskbar and snip that region out of the paint routine and paint it yourself. When the user presses your task bar item you will get a WM_SETFOCUS and check the mouse position to find which button was under the cursor on the click. This would be very hard to do though, MS has the source code for Windows so they have a much easier time with cool stuff like that.
Posted on 2004-03-14 09:45:51 by donkey

MS has the source code for Windows so they have a much easier time with cool stuff like that.

I'm not sure the media player people have access to the kernel and shell source...

But anyway, eek, messing with the shell - the most awful part of windows :/
Posted on 2004-03-14 10:41:53 by f0dder
I'm not sure the media player people have access to the kernel and shell source...

Probably not but since the Media Player 9 is one of the most important parts of the "verified media" drive at MS and an integral part of TCPA I am sure they can pick up a phone and ask whatever they like ;)
Posted on 2004-03-14 11:14:40 by donkey
Posted on 2004-03-14 13:07:58 by Thomas
ui sounds complicated

thx anyway :)
Posted on 2004-03-14 17:50:40 by Knighty