Hi Ketil,

I have been getting a weird problem occasionally. There are times when I copy a block of text from one project to another (switching assemblers mostly) and when I paste it it will paste fine but remain selected. If I click anywhere to unselect the text it will cut and paste it to the top of the current file. I can't reproduce this reliably so this isn't really a bug report yet but I will try to find out when this is happening and get back to you.
Posted on 2004-03-14 19:22:32 by donkey
How strange :)
Is there any chance that you are infected with some kind of systemwide hook, like a keylogger, but manipulating the common window class functions? I recall seeing a similar problem a while ago on a friends machine, but it related only to windows with ES_PASSWORD or ES_READONLY styles... it turned out to be a badly written keylogger monitoring password input in all windows.
Posted on 2004-03-14 21:51:03 by Homer
No, after a few tests, I'm now pretty sure it's the new drag and drop text. The feature seems to be added to the test version of RadASM. I must be moving the mouse slightly while unselecting text.

Ketil,

Maybe make the drag rectangle a bit bigger so the mouse has to be moved more before the drag operation begins.
Posted on 2004-03-14 22:08:39 by donkey
I had exactly the same problem a couple times. It's the drag-text feature for sure.

I agree with donkey that this should be less sensetive to slight mouse movements while unselecting.
Posted on 2004-03-15 01:15:26 by Kain