Wow, thanks for the bug reports! Also thanks to KetilO for the backup feature. :)

I think they might actually be the same bug, or at least related. It has to do with how CodeTree tries to update its branches when something new is typed.

Sorry, I've been busy the past couple of days, but I e-mailed the debug version of CodeTree to you, _Shawn.

Thanks again for trying it out. If I ever get CodeTree to work right (sooner or later :)), I owe it to you guys for finding the bugs. I'll work on a fix right now.
Posted on 2001-11-08 16:31:26 by Irving W.
I'm not going to claim I fixed the bug. You can download it and tell me what you think, if you're interested in helping me test. All I know is that it worked correctly for me (probably until I post it, just like all the others). Thanks again for everyone's help. This'll really be good once I get it to work. :)

Here it is:
Posted on 2001-11-08 17:26:18 by Irving W.
i've found a serious bug!
i'v tested it on RadASM "DialogBox" example, where's only 1 proc.
when i collapse a proc and modify the source and then save the source, every thing bellow "DlgProc proc" vanish!!!

i've got a sugestion too. when we pressed "save" button all procs sholud be expanded couse we could lose our code!!!

P.S.
i've attach the Log.txt

cya
Posted on 2001-11-09 09:51:59 by NEMO
Something was seriously wrong with my whole approach here, I think. I'm going to re-write CodeTree from scratch so I can get a clean start. It might take a little longer, but I guess it'll be worth it once I do a better job. Sorry that it's been nothing but bugs so far..
Posted on 2001-11-09 17:01:00 by Irving W.
It's really a great idea, and I'm glad that your going to stick with it Irving W.
Posted on 2001-11-09 17:56:48 by bitRAKE
Thanks. It sounded good in my head too. :)
Seriuosly, this time around I'll know what to avoid from the start. It's easier that way. Hopefully my advanced modular programming skills will help me re-use the old code (copy and paste). The parsing code, for example, seems especially bug-free. It catches "proc", but not as part of another word, or a comment, or a quoted string. I'm also very proud of the code that adds menu items (using the advanced technique of invoking AppendMenu). Anything that has to do with tracking/updating the branches in response to what happens in the RichEdit control will be completely re-written, though. Look for a new version here soon.

Edit: What do people think about making the next version (and following versions) a debug version, until all the bugs get fixed? I can't see any reason not to, except maybe the performance hit from writing to a log file constantly. Any thoughts?
Posted on 2001-11-09 22:22:09 by Irving W.
Hi Irving W.

As you probably are aware of, RadASM passes a parameter to your addin. You could use this parameter to turn off writing to the log file. In this way the user can decide if he wants the log or not.

Keep up the good work! :alright:

KetilO
Posted on 2001-11-11 15:07:26 by KetilO
Good idea. Prepare for a little bloat, since I don't optimize the debug code, but it shouldn't be too bad. The final DLL will be smaller, probably. Also I might make the option a bit mask (0 = no logging, 1 = log to file, 2 = log to output window, 3 = log to both). It'd be easier for me sometimes, and maybe for testing things like _Shawn's problem ("is the DLL doing anything at all?" type of questions).

I'll put that in the next version (after the re-write).
Posted on 2001-11-11 17:33:26 by Irving W.
Irving W.,

Once I upgraded to 1.0.6.3 RadASM it works fine. I haven't discovered any of the bugs listed above, but I haven't stressed it, either...

I just purchased CodeWarrior and I'm experimenting with the Win->Mac targeting and such right now... and some way to integrate MASM into it...

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2001-11-11 17:46:56 by _Shawn
That's great! I guess I'll never know why the menus didn't show up, at least. I thought if you didn't have the current version the menus would show up, but not the buttons. Oh well, I'm just glad it's working for you. I'd still recommend using RadASM's backup feature, just in case. You never know. :)
Posted on 2001-11-11 19:29:54 by Irving W.