Greetings,

Now that I got my Sony Playstation Yaroze up and running I'm wondering if there are any decent resources on MIPS R3000 ASM programming. I know, I know. Google. Yes, but I'm actually hoping if anyone here has experience they can point me directly to a good location. I'm going to work on my first playstation game. I won't do it in asm but I will optimize a few places in asm. Because the Yaroze doesn't allow access to the FPU (only the pro dev kit does) then the FP operations are all software emulated so I will aim to make more performance FP code but I'm not a MIPS asm programmer.

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2004-03-17 16:37:03 by _Shawn

Greetings,

Now that I got my Sony Playstation Yaroze up and running I'm wondering if there are any decent resources on MIPS R3000 ASM programming. I know, I know. Google. Yes, but I'm actually hoping if anyone here has experience they can point me directly to a good location. I'm going to work on my first playstation game. I won't do it in asm but I will optimize a few places in asm. Because the Yaroze doesn't allow access to the FPU (only the pro dev kit does) then the FP operations are all software emulated so I will aim to make more performance FP code but I'm not a MIPS asm programmer.

Thanks,
_Shawn

Theres an FPU in the PlayStation? I thought the GTE was fixed point processor?!
Posted on 2004-03-17 16:44:36 by x86asm
I believe that r2000 & r3000 uses the same instructions.

http://chortle.ccsu.edu/AssemblyTutorial/tutorialContents.html

:grin:
Posted on 2004-03-17 20:43:17 by arkane