I've recently downloaded WinAsm Studio and have been amazed by how it looks and what it can do. I've generally only seen nice interfaces like that in slow huge bloated applications!

I was curious as to whether WinAsm is coded in assembly itself. The size and speed of the application makes me think that it is definitely done in assembly.

I was also curious as to whether there was any source code available. I spent a huge amount of time recently trying to implement docking windows, but failed miserably. I was hoping to see how they were implemented in WinAsm.

I seem to spend half of my coding time looking up function parameters and members of the various windows structures. WinAsm's AutoComplete features have greatly increased my coding speed as I no longer have to look up so much stuff.

I'd like to thank the author for making this available for free. It's fantastic! :alright:
Posted on 2004-03-18 09:46:00 by turtle
Hi turtle and welcome,

Originally posted by turtle
I've recently downloaded WinAsm Studio and have been amazed by how it looks and what it can do. I've generally only seen nice interfaces like that in slow huge bloated applications!

Thanks for your good words. Everybody can contribute to make it better with suggestions/ideas/add-ins/templates/ etc etc

I was curious as to whether WinAsm is coded in assembly itself. The size and speed of the application makes me think that it is definitely done in assembly.

100%

I was also curious as to whether there was any source code available. I spent a huge amount of time recently trying to implement docking windows, but failed miserably. I was hoping to see how they were implemented in WinAsm.

I 'll try to make a demo but please be patient, I have some other priorities first!

I seem to spend half of my coding time looking up function parameters and members of the various windows structures. WinAsm's AutoComplete features have greatly increased my coding speed as I no longer have to look up so much stuff.

I'd like to thank the author for making this available for free. It's fantastic! :alright:

Thanks once again and never hesitate to ask for any help you might need,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-03-18 12:05:06 by akyprian