I have been thinking about a way to make managing groups a little easier and thought Drag&Drop would make life easier for me. With this addin you can move files around the project browser window by dragging and dropping them into existing groups. You still must use the group editor to add and enable groups. You can also drop a file onto the tab strip to open it.

Copy the DLL to the AddIns folder and enable it with Addin Manager.
Posted on 2004-03-20 12:17:15 by donkey
Cool ! Thanks
Posted on 2004-03-20 12:55:26 by pelaillo
Sorry to the 3 people who downloaded it but I was thinking that another minor annoyance is adding files to a project. To improve this I have added functionality to the treeview that makes it a drop target by itself and will allow you to drop files directly into the current project. It will handle multiple file drops as well as shortcuts. The previous function of opening a file dropped into the treeview is no longer available but you can just drop it into the editor instead.

Please note that this is a "User must be sane and possess at least the intelligence of a rock" addin. I don't bother checking to make sure a project is open or that the browser is viewing the project tree so the results will be very unpredictable if you screw up.

I also neglected to preserve EDI in one callback, might have caused a problem in 9x.
Posted on 2004-03-20 13:55:17 by donkey
There was a slight problem identifying the last group name, the routine to find it would truncate the last char of the group name from the RAP file and therefore it would not be recognized. It has been fixed, new upload at the top.
Posted on 2004-03-20 17:17:18 by donkey
I have some suggest to your DragDrop addin :
I think very useful if it can remove Group.
Example : When i add new dialog , it auto create one group in project panel to put that dialog (Added files Group). I drag that dialog from group Added Files and drop it to Resources Group then Added Files Group don't have any item, but the Added Files Group still not be remove, i think if it auto remove that folder if it not contain any item.

Regard
Posted on 2004-03-29 09:24:23 by neverending
This is the updated DragProperties addin for RadASM version 2043. It will properly open a file dropped on the tabstrip from the property window.
Posted on 2004-06-03 11:19:40 by donkey