How can I set shared access to some directory when I work in network or change it or get access type?
Thank you, Mike.
Posted on 2001-11-06 10:27:41 by Mike
Mike,
Could you please repeat your question specifying what you wanna do? We wont have problems in giving you an answer.
Posted on 2001-11-06 19:03:06 by CodeLover
maybe you are interested in NetShareAdd

he NetShareAdd function shares a server resource.

Security Requirements

Only members of the Administrators or Account Operators local group or those with Communication, Print, or Server operator group membership can successfully execute NetShareAdd. The Print operator can add only Printer queues. The Communication operator can add only communication-device queues.

NET_API_STATUS NetShareAdd(

LPTSTR servername,
DWORD level,
LPBYTE buf,
LPDWORD parm_err
);

Parameters

servername

Pointer to a Unicode string containing the name of the remote server on which the function is to execute. A NULL pointer or string specifies the local computer.

level

Specifies one of the following values to set the level of information provided.

Value Meaning
2 The buf parameter points to an array of SHARE_INFO_2 structures.
502 The buf parameter points to an array of SHARE_INFO_502 structures.

buf

Pointer to the buffer in which the data set with the level parameter is stored.

parm_err

Optional pointer to a DWORD that contains the index of the first parameter that causes ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER. If NULL, the parameter is not returned on error.

See Also
NetShareDel
for more info check Win32 API help (for win9x - SVRAPI.DLL; for winnt - NETAPI32.DLL)

UPDATE:
its samba

cya
Posted on 2001-11-07 01:24:27 by NEMO
Samba...
Posted on 2001-11-07 09:22:13 by SpooK
No problems. Create some directory, e.g. C:\MyDir and write into it two or more files (for example file1.txt and file2.txt). If you computer works in local network under any version of Windows and you want everybody can read this files you must click this directory (in explorer or Windows Commander) and give access (read-only or full, by password or not). Yes, I can do it using mouse but how can I do the same from the program? (I can create, rename or remove directories but I don't know API for networking.

Mike.
Posted on 2001-11-07 10:15:15 by Mike
Mike,
Use, as Nemo told you, NetShareAdd. And also you have another functions such as the following:
NetShareCheck Queries whether a server is sharing a device.
NetShareDel Deletes a share name from a server's list of shared resources.
NetShareEnum Retrieves share information about each shared resource on a server.
NetShareGetInfo Retrieves information about a specified shared resource on a server.
NetShareSetInfo Sets a shared resource's parameters.

I must say that the i copied the words below from Win32.hlp.
:-)

Good luck Mike.
Posted on 2001-11-08 19:45:49 by CodeLover