Hi,
I went through the help file by donkey (based on his instructions) on how to include my own PROCs in the "invoke" autocomplete.

Anyway, can it be done that the PROC PROTOs from all the included files also appear in the autocomplete.

e.g.: if I include "masm32.inc", then the procs like "BrowseForFolder" will appear in the CTRL+SPACE autocomplete.

Currently I have to modify the masmApiCall.api file and...(so on for further additions) ?

Is it possible what I said? That way I don't have to modify the .api files and then worry about maintaining them separately to the ones which would be released along with RadASM. :)
Posted on 2004-03-21 13:25:31 by shantanu_gadgil
Hi shantanu_gadgil,

That would be a little too specific to MASM I think, many assemblers like GoAsm, which I use, do not use prototypes. I think a better idea is just to have a set of user API files that are not overwritten with an update.
Posted on 2004-03-21 13:33:45 by donkey
I see the MASM specific part. OK !

a bit confusing... "..set of user apis" ?

Do you mean I maintain the .api files that I have modifed and then modify the new files, in the future version of RadASM accordingly ?
Posted on 2004-03-21 13:50:08 by shantanu_gadgil
sorry, reading what I have posted previously sounds really confusing !!! :)

what I want to ask is:
Do I keep the "additions" in a separate file, and then after I install a new version of RadASM, modify the .api files again ?

If yes, this "again" thing will keep happening over and over again... :) right ?

Any ideas as how to prevent/streamline the process
Posted on 2004-03-21 13:55:04 by shantanu_gadgil
You create a set of API files for yourself and they are static, they do not change unless you change them because RadASM will not overwrite them. When you install RadASM it will overwrite it's own API files, yours will be left untouched. That way you only create them once and even a complete upgrade of RadASM will not effect them.
Posted on 2004-03-21 14:16:17 by donkey
how do I do that. :(.

I know repeating the same sounds really stupid, and I might be overlooking something really small and simple.

If I write my own .inc and have the PROTOs and the actual PROCs in the project files, they appear in the autocomplete.

How do I still get them in the autocomplete from some other "outside" file, like masm32.inc ???
Posted on 2004-03-22 12:08:36 by shantanu_gadgil
sorry, seem to be a bit ENTER happy.

to get my custom API's do I need to change some setting/ini entries of RadASM?
Posted on 2004-03-22 12:18:49 by shantanu_gadgil
Hi,

First you need the latest beta of RadASM 2042.

Create a new API file for example masmMyApi.api in your assembler folder, e.g. \RadASM\masm

Add the autocompletes to it, for example:

atodw,pszString

Then change the MASM.INI file in \RadASM as follows to add the contents of your file to the autocomplete list :

Trig=invoke
Call=masm\masmApiCall.api,masm\masmMyApi.api
Posted on 2004-03-22 12:31:12 by donkey
got it !

thank you !!!
Posted on 2004-03-23 11:03:48 by shantanu_gadgil