Hi everybody,
I released a Digital Signal DLL Library (DSP_1for2 ) at my web page . It includes Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), Inverse FFT, & Filterting functions.
It's mainly for you (assembly programmers :)).
A full documentation is available too.
Any questions & comments are welcomed :)

John
Posted on 2004-03-24 05:48:42 by John Kiro
I look forward to playing with it ;)

Any chance you will share the lib's source as well? Incase any of use want to expand on your framework and add more filters etc. ??

Good work BTW, its nice to see there is still people interested in this stuff :alright:

:NaN:
Posted on 2004-03-24 18:14:50 by NaN
Hi again,

Any chance you will share the lib's source as well? Incase any of use want to expand on your framework and add more filters etc. ??

Yes of course, but the main reason I released it is to enable other programmers to use it in their projects. So, for now (the comming days), let's focus on testing it (playing with it as you say) from outside. Then,I could prepare one function (FFT()) with clear commenting, & release its source code (in this forum) for analysis and testing by interested programmers.

About making the DSP project a joint one: great idea :alright: , so who's interested to join in?

I already designed other functions (FIR design using windowing, interpolation functions (linear, quad & cubic), FFT-based interpolation & a few other ones, these can be included later (since not yet documented) in the package.

Good work BTW, its nice to see there is still people interested in this stuff :alright:

I see DSP should always be a good candidate for assembly programming. BTW, I know you're interested too ;) (I saw the FFT that you posted but unfortunately saw it late, just few weeks ago) I'm happy I'm not the only one :)

Note: I attached an FFT() test program that plots output spectrum. Source code is included.
Posted on 2004-03-25 07:52:10 by John Kiro
I would be glad to help on on a project, however, im pretty tied up for the next couple months...

I will however happily add what I can if it is openly discussed on the board...

Regards,
:NaN:
Posted on 2004-03-25 17:05:30 by NaN
I remember NaN, did write some FFT code a while ago, I still have the source. I am always interested in Signal Processing, but right now it is proving too much math for my Gr. 12 level !!! Well not too much math, just that there is so many variables in the equations to perform these filters that are not defined in some of the text I have.
Posted on 2004-03-29 15:41:55 by x86asm
It's cool!
But I can't visit geocitie. Could place it anywhere else?
Posted on 2004-03-29 20:03:40 by optimus
Hi,

Here is another example program that test filtering (applies ideal low path filter to an ideal pulse & plots the output).

x86asm, you may check this DSP tutorial written by Olli Niemitalo if you don't want a lot of math: http://www.iki.fi/o/dsp/dspstuff.txt
Posted on 2004-03-31 03:24:24 by John Kiro
Here is the DLL itself plus documentation (for you having problems with geocities :)).
Posted on 2004-03-31 03:28:10 by John Kiro

Hi,

Here is another example program that test filtering (applies ideal low path filter to an ideal pulse & plots the output).

x86asm, you may check this DSP tutorial written by Olli Niemitalo if you don't want a lot of math: http://www.iki.fi/o/dsp/dspstuff.txt

Wow nice, thanks :D, I wanna learn this stuff because this field of signal processing seems quite interesting.
Posted on 2004-03-31 21:43:20 by x86asm