I am sorry for creating this new thread.

As shown in the attached picture, I am going to use resource editer (Project-->Resource) to load BMP picture in the application. Everything is fine in design mode, but I got nothing (no picture loaded) when I run the EXE file. However, after throwing a button (IDC_BTN1) in the form, both button and BMP picture are shown, it is very strange!:confused:
Posted on 2004-03-25 01:41:07 by ty123
Hi ty123

The problem is that changing the resources does not update the dialog using the resource.
After adding or changing the resources you must make a fake change to the dialogs using them.

KetilO
Posted on 2004-03-25 02:16:23 by KetilO

After adding or changing the resources you must make a fake change to the dialogs using them.

KetilO

Thanks a lot for your quick repy!:alright:

But how to make a fake change to the dialog? I noticed the phrase "a fake change" in the FAQ in your website, what is its meaning? English is not my native language :(

My question is why the picture can be shown during runtime after adding a button or whatever. Is it the meaning of "a fake change"?
Posted on 2004-03-25 02:34:59 by ty123
Toggeling Format / Lock Controls will make a fake change, so will moving / sizing any control.
Posted on 2004-03-25 02:51:00 by KetilO
You don't even need to make "fake changes" if you simply compile the RC file again.
Make->Compile RC (Shift+F5)
Posted on 2004-04-01 03:10:45 by bszente