I want to know how OS work at the start to the execute program!
Can you give me some link or somthing else?
Posted on 2004-03-25 16:14:10 by goph
Hrm, what exactly do you mean? How Win9x handles CreateProcess internally? Or...?
Posted on 2004-03-25 17:09:39 by f0dder
if you are referning to the exe file then look, this if how *to my mind* it works.

There is a 16bit prog mapped around the 32bit prog, all it does is check that windows is loaded through a call to some function in the kernal file.

If you remember your Win32Asm tuts you'll know that windows creation is not nessary and so it would be anything to do with window class ect,ect registartion.

i suggest it would be a call to the CreateProcess function, if failed then assume it to be in an non-windows platform.

The Header of each 32bit exe file is the same, look at it through and HEX editor. Trace the prog from load in an debugger {non-windows, like SoftiCE for DOS} to see that process.

link: www.crackstore.com
Posted on 2004-03-25 17:40:09 by Black iCE
I want to say that all about structure of kernel win9x or win2k,XP
When OS start, how hi start what code start first and then how OS process, memorry, and so on!
Give please some tutor or maybe some else!
Good luck..
Posted on 2004-03-25 18:46:48 by goph

.There is a 16bit prog mapped around the 32bit prog, all it does is check that windows is loaded through a call to some function in the kernal file.

The 16 bit DOS stub is at the start of the executable so if we are in DOS that program runs and displays the "This program can't be run in DOS" message. If the program is win32 then the Loader finds the address of the PE Header in the DOS Header. the PE header contrains the address to start exuteing the program from as well as various other information used to load the file.
As for the original question, thats a LOT of information some of wich probably isn't available since windows is a closed source OS. You can maybe find some information at www.systeminternals.com
Posted on 2004-03-26 01:20:13 by ENF
do you mean stuff like
when you double click on an exe file who catches the double click
then who processess that double click how do the system know the double click was on an exe file and not on some dumb pron.gif ;) then what happens who issues orders to loader to load the dlls how does DLLMAIN KNOW to execute some code in the still unvisble exe (before it reaches the entry point)
etc etc

well then i am also interested in such info ;)
do post if you can find such info some where
Posted on 2004-03-26 05:57:49 by bluffer
It sounds like you should get books like "Undocumented win9x" and such...
Posted on 2004-03-26 08:30:09 by f0dder
I understand that i must research themself!
Byt if i find something i put here!
///
Posted on 2004-03-26 15:46:49 by goph