I have just run fhlasetup.exe to install fhla as a new installation. The documentation at

http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/AsmTools/HLA/HLADoc/HLARef/HLARef10.html#1057335

states:-

"This setup program installs "freeHLA" (fhla.exe) as well as the standard version of HLA. It also installs FASM, POLINK, PORC, POLIB, and POMAKE.

I have installed hla.exe, fasm.exe, polink.exe, porc.exe, polib.exe and pomake.exe but no fhla.exe.

Also how do the variables in hla.ini for RadASm need to be changed to run fhla?

Regards,

OBM.
Posted on 2004-03-25 23:01:55 by OBM
"This setup program installs "freeHLA" (fhla.exe) as well as the standard version of HLA. It also installs FASM, POLINK, PORC, POLIB, and POMAKE.

I have installed hla.exe, fasm.exe, polink.exe, porc.exe, polib.exe and pomake.exe but no fhla.exe.

Free HLA is still hla.exe and hlaparse.exe, you will find that those are installed.

Also how do the variables in hla.ini for RadASm need to be changed to run fhla?

You should set up an environment section in your hla.ini like so:

1=path,c:\assembly\hla;c:\assembly\masm32\bin
2=lib,c:\assembly\hla\hlalib
3=hlainc,c:\assembly\hla\include
4=hlalib,c:\assembly\hla\hlalib\hlalib.lib
5=hlatemp,c:\assembly\hla\temp

This is how mine looks, you'll have to modify the paths accordingly. Also, if you will be using FASM instead of MASM, you should comment out the hlatemp environment as at this time, HLA has a small bug in recognizing the hlatemp environment while using FASM.

You can comment it out by placing a semicolon ';' in front of the environment number.

;5=hlatemp,c:\assembly\hla\temp

Keep in mind: FreeHLA is still in testing phase. I've found that polink sometimes fails. In such cases, you should download a copy of MS LINK and use that instead (if you don't have MASM installed).

Other changes that need to be made to hla.ini can be found in "What's New.txt" (if you downloaded the latest upgrade for RadASM).
Posted on 2004-03-26 10:09:07 by Kain
:alright:
Posted on 2004-03-26 19:20:46 by OBM