:grin: :grin: :grin:
Posted on 2004-03-29 11:54:11 by Mikky
Hi Mikky,

Very very nice. Is it yours ?

Much of it is stuff that has been posted here before but it is very professionally presented. What does the package do ?
Posted on 2004-03-29 17:00:34 by donkey
Posted on 2004-03-29 17:09:29 by f0dder
Thanks f0dder,

Didn't think to check the properties of the image to find the source. I really should look at the newsletter from Code Project more often, they seem to have some very nice stuff. I downloaded the source but being C++ I don't understand much of it. I think I will be using some of the ideas though, it is a very nice GUI. But as usual, with the source in C++ I will have to just look at the picture and try to make something that works the same way.
Posted on 2004-03-29 17:27:04 by donkey
No its not mine, I found it on codeproject site with on the link posted by f0dder.
It looks very attractive and professional.
Posted on 2004-03-29 17:28:23 by Mikky
Hi mikky,

Regarding your sig, have you seen this thread

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=17579

some people can't access your threads because of filters.
Posted on 2004-03-29 17:30:57 by donkey
Donkey, didn't look much at it, but since it's from code project I guess it's not only C++, but using MFC... C++ itself isn't too bad, but if MFC is involved there's even more stuff you'll need to know before being able to read it.
Posted on 2004-03-30 03:29:27 by f0dder
Hi f0dder,

Well, the nice thing about assembler is that I have a translation tools called Ollydbg and GoBug that do a nice job of translating any routine to assembly :) That is generally how I look at code but mostly I just look at the import list and try to figure out how they did it.

Actually on that subject I find it slightly amusing that there are some snipets in MASM that I have to run through a debugger in order to know exactly what they are doing, especially some of the more creative uses of structure addressing like :

[edi].OptionalHeader.DataDirectory[sizeof IMAGE_DATA_DIRECTORY].VirtualAddress

No need to explain this one, I understand it but find it a little weird, that's one hell of a parser :)
Posted on 2004-03-30 03:51:05 by donkey
Donkey, its not that hard to read c++ code involved with GDI, since it relies mostly on API.
Instead of:

invoke DrawText,........

you will just have

DrawText(........)

There are few tips you should know here and there, but hanging with some c++ book or tutorial for couple of hours can give you good basis for reading c++
Posted on 2004-03-30 06:49:25 by Mikky