Whenever I attempt to complie I get a windows error message saying that

"hlaparse.exe has encountered a problem and needs to shut down"

Can anyone tell me how to get it going again please. I am lost without any ability
to compile and all I want in life right now is to continue to learn this please help me.

Sorry I found that the problem is somewhere in my code I'll find it
I will only leave this up in case someone else gets this Error message in the hope that it always indicates an error in the code

if I'm wrong could someone else correct me in the interest of not allowing me to spread my ignorance
Posted on 2004-04-03 07:13:58 by cleason

Whenever I attempt to complie I get a windows error message saying that

"hlaparse.exe has encountered a problem and needs to shut down"

Can anyone tell me how to get it going again please. I am lost without any ability
to compile and all I want in life right now is to continue to learn this please help me.

Sorry I found that the problem is somewhere in my code I'll find it
I will only leave this up in case someone else gets this Error message in the hope that it always indicates an error in the code

if I'm wrong could someone else correct me in the interest of not allowing me to spread my ignorance

Well, that would be a bonafide bug in the compiler.
My suggestion is to make a copy of the source file, strip out the code line by line until the problem goes away, then insert the lines back in until the error occurs again, and then email me the resulting (minimized) program. I'll try and have a correction for the v1.63 release of HLA.

In the meantime, of course, once you isolate the cause of the problem, you can probably create a temporary work-around for it (or ask how to create such a work-around).
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2004-04-07 14:03:15 by rhyde