BTW, seems like you voilate UPX license :)

From UPX license
SPECIAL EXCEPTION FOR COMPRESSED EXECUTABLES
============================================
The stub which is imbedded in each UPX compressed program is part
of UPX and UCL, and contains code that is under our copyright. The
terms of the GNU General Public License still apply as compressing
a program is a special form of linking with our stub.

Hereby Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer and Laszlo Molnar grant you special
permission to freely use and distribute all UPX compressed programs
(including commercial ones), subject to the following restrictions:

1. You must compress your program with a completely unmodified UPX
version; either with our precompiled version, or (at your option)
with a self compiled version of the unmodified UPX sources as
distributed by us.
2. This also implies that the UPX stub must be completely unmodfied, i.e.
the stub imbedded in your compressed program must be byte-identical
to the stub that is produced by the official unmodified UPX version.
3. The decompressor and any other code from the stub must exclusively get
used by the unmodified UPX stub for decompressing your program at
program startup. No portion of the stub may get read, copied,
called or otherwise get used or accessed by your program.
Posted on 2004-04-10 11:20:33 by JohnFound
I agree with the QuickLaunch sentiments here.

While removing an icon from the QuickLaunch bar is not a very difficult task, I still feel that applications have no business modifying this toolbar. This is a user-configured toolbar and as such an application should not add to it without the user's permission. Your typical user might not really care, but remember, this being an IDE, your consumer base consists of a majority of programmers. Programmers tend to be power users and often they are very particular about what they do and do not want on their desktop shell. And they tend to get offended by programs that try to force changes to it.

As for the UPX thing, I think you would benefit from a lecture by f0dder who can detail the evils of exe packers for you. ;)
Posted on 2004-04-10 11:47:01 by iblis
Thanks for info. Faults (with the installation - QuickLaunch, etc.) will be remedied
Posted on 2004-04-10 12:57:09 by uemaker
Hi All,

Masquer, the quicklaunch icon is, ultimately, the programmers responsibility. In this case I must stand up and admit partial fault. I am Uemaker's beta tester/documentation editor for both the uemake/uedev line and the ums line of products. It was my suggestion that uemaker include the quicklaunch button because I got tired of dragging it off of the Programs menu onto _my_ QuickLaunch bar.

You have a good point, one that I'm certain uemaker will take into account and rectify shortly. Besides, I'll keep bugging him to! :grin:

This is the way we _want_ our products to get better, by asking the users and wannabe users what we can do to make it more usefull for you. Keep telling us what you want and need, and yes, where we are going wrong, and we will make what changes are possible to provide for your needs.

Regards,
Magus.
Posted on 2004-04-15 11:25:18 by magus
magus

Just make it as an options, and I'm sure everybody will be happy :)

OK, I found one more annoying thing - the file association dialog box seems like missing "Unselect All" button.
Posted on 2004-04-15 11:39:55 by masquer
When will it be possible to download the files? Currently it is to prevented by a login form.

Marwin
Posted on 2004-04-17 13:10:25 by Marwin
The editor seems to have been bought. Pity as I was considering registering.
Posted on 2004-04-24 11:48:19 by Eóin
Hi Eoin,

It is a very nice editor, I have a registered copy and like it very much. Pity about it being bought but it is definitely a professional grade package.
Posted on 2004-04-24 13:02:47 by donkey
Does anyone still have a copy?
Posted on 2004-04-24 14:37:07 by comrade
Hi All,

Comrade I will take that as an honest inquiry and answer fully. Yes, but I can not give it to you. You will have to askhttp://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=409e5a85b1911a202a02ef2631e9f3a6 him. I am not certain that he can _give_ you a copy either, but I expect some arrangement may be reached.

Donkey, _I_ can't say anything other than you might be in for a pleasant surprise.

masquer, I've mentioned the missing "unselect all" to him in my last E-mail. Thank You! :)

Manwin, Patience, deals are being reached and non-disclosure agreements are in place.

--
Regards,
Magus.
Posted on 2004-04-24 15:39:01 by magus

I think I'll stay with RadAsm.
It does just about everything Umdev does when it concerns programming in assembly, more system-resource efficient, has a built in resource editor, the author is active to the needs of the users and... it's free.

Hard to beat that.
Posted on 2005-06-24 03:41:29 by 13800