skywalker:
please post the file u tested to forum in attachment, I will check it
Posted on 2004-04-11 01:26:37 by dREAMtHEATER
Is it possible to change font?
Posted on 2004-04-11 01:33:17 by roticv
Back to the subject of your EXE compression. I assume you have used UPX + a tool to modify the stub so that default "upx -d" can't decompress the EXE.

This is not only a lame thing to do, it's also against the license of UPX - I suggest you re-read it, and either find another exepacker or stop doing this modification.
Posted on 2004-04-11 06:44:41 by f0dder

Back to the subject of your EXE compression. I assume you have used UPX + a tool to modify the stub so that default "upx -d" can't decompress the EXE.

This is not only a lame thing to do, it's also against the license of UPX - I suggest you re-read it, and either find another exepacker or stop doing this modification.

Thanks for your suggestion, i will consider to replace the packer.
Posted on 2004-04-11 07:05:10 by dREAMtHEATER
Why not leave it as an option for the end-user? It's easier to use whatever exe compressor of choice than to decompess... it does seem like you don't understand the performance degradation an exe packer brings.
Posted on 2004-04-11 07:16:39 by f0dder

skywalker:
please post the file u tested to forum in attachment, I will check it
Posted on 2004-04-11 08:12:40 by skywalker

skywalker:
Posted on 2004-04-11 09:42:08 by dREAMtHEATER
There's a problem in da syntax highlighting?.. it doesn't work well, see the pic

CuTedEvil
Posted on 2004-04-11 13:14:55 by CuTedEvil

skywalker:

There is only 2 characters in the file. A 'f' and the ASCII 232 character.

Notepad displays the second character as the ASCII 130 character.
Posted on 2004-04-11 18:47:53 by skywalker
?(232) and ?(130) are quite different here... but really, who would expect a crappy OS like 9x or standard tools like winzip to handle these properly? I think (but might likely be wrong) that WinRAR handles these properly... at least NT OS'es handle files/dirs with non-7bit ascii quite fine (like, duh).
Posted on 2004-04-11 20:11:57 by f0dder
Hi can your program support unicode like notepad in winXP
Posted on 2004-04-11 21:06:25 by neverending
Syntax highlight problem I get:
Posted on 2004-04-11 21:14:01 by comrade

There's a problem in da syntax highlighting?.. it doesn't work well, see the pic

CuTedEvil

change default font to another (eg. Courier New), you will get better looking
Posted on 2004-04-11 21:15:26 by dREAMtHEATER
comrade:
I don't know if different language platform can affect the hilight effect, but I can affirm some font will not support in NoteXPad hilight mode, in my Chinese version XP, it support Counier New font in hilight, u can try another font for it, because I use the method of Iczelion and richedit control for syntax hilighting, so some feature can not be implemented perfectly.
Maybe someday I use my own edit control, so everything will be OK!
Posted on 2004-04-11 21:24:22 by dREAMtHEATER

There is only 2 characters in the file. A 'f' and the ASCII 232 character.

Notepad displays the second character as the ASCII 130 character.

In notepad of winxp, the result is same as NoteXPad
Posted on 2004-04-11 21:29:46 by dREAMtHEATER

Hi can your program support unicode like notepad in winXP

Of course, in help:

Key Features:
Filesize is limited to the available memory (not 64k).
Automatically detects ANSI(default)/Unicode/Unicode (big endian)/UTF-8 encoded characters and
WIN(default)/UNIX/MAC file formats, when opening files, can convert between various file formats
and encodings when saving files.
Recent used files list (will handle up to 10 entries).
Customize Tools Menu.
Auto-indent & Tab Size support.
URLs can be highlighted and clickable.
Associate any file extensions with NoteXPad and can intelligently revert to former association.
Can open any files through integrating NoteXPad into Explorer.
Convert Tabs<-> Spaces.
Convert text case (Upper, Lower, Invert Case).
Copy on Select.
Paste on Copy.
Wrap to Return.
Inform you when current opened file is modifed by another application.
Catch program exception and send bug report.
Posted on 2004-04-11 21:32:10 by dREAMtHEATER

?(232) and ?(130) are quite different here... but really, who would expect a crappy OS like 9x or standard tools like winzip to handle these properly? I think (but might likely be wrong) that WinRAR handles these properly... at least NT OS'es handle files/dirs with non-7bit ascii quite fine (like, duh).

It isn't a big deal to me, just interesting.
I have heard that versions newer than 98 are more stable, etc. I am happy with Win 98. You get the best
of both worlds. The only code I found that didn't run right was some that showed a drive light for the floppy
drive.

What still bothers me a bit is this.

Each new Windows version seems to reduce the choices of what customers want.
Kind of like someone else deciding for me what's best.

Take care.
Posted on 2004-04-11 22:17:17 by skywalker
Nice editor.

How can I relace my Notepad editor with the NoteXPad editor without renaming to "Notepad.exe" and copy it to the Windows directory?
Is there any registry value which specifies the path to default text editor?
Or environment variable (like the TEMP or TMP variables)?

Thanks
Posted on 2004-04-12 12:56:01 by bszente
Originally posted by bszente
Nice editor.

How can I relace my Notepad editor with the NoteXPad editor without renaming to "Notepad.exe" and copy it to the Windows directory?
Is there any registry value which specifies the path to default text editor?
Or environment variable (like the TEMP or TMP variables)?

Why not change the editor under file types and associate NoteXpad with the extensions you want it to open.
Posted on 2004-04-12 13:33:45 by skywalker
There must be some reason why MS only allow a limited amount of bytes for notepad.

XP Notepad can open up a 6 meg more or less file but it take forever and it will.

It's a trick in there someplace somewhere other wise why would they waste their time when they can do what ever they please if that the case.

I always wonder about that. Many many old ASM example out do MS Notepad but it never made MS try anything much difference.

Anyway, I'll check out NoteXPad soon. I can't wait to have edit control finally on the programmer side. But i bet the simple MS Notepad has the most serious place somewhere somehow.

Just wondering
Posted on 2004-04-12 13:52:46 by cmax