Where can I get this information on how the Motorola 68K opcodes are encoded, my SMS emu was quite a disappointment all I'm doing is fixing bugs in the Z80 emulator most of the system emulation code that I implemented worked on the first time, obviously this is not what I was looking for in a emulation project I expected to be challenged in looking for new ways to emulate!! So I would like to try the Sega Genesis.
But I cant seem to find information on how the 68K opcodes are encoded, I would like to write my own CPU emulator so that I can learn, if I didnt want to know I would just use starscream :D. Don't worry about the YM2612 chip I think I can emulate that chip, it will take a while but I can do it.

So long story short, where I can get information on how the Motorola 68K opcodes are encoded and even better an opcode list (with hex representation).
Posted on 2004-04-11 15:18:19 by x86asm
Perhaps google for starscream+68k? If the previous chip was easy to emulate, what about trying your hands at a z80->x86 JITer?
Posted on 2004-04-11 20:08:10 by f0dder
hi

as an old amiga freak i can give you a little hint

1. get an amiga emulator
2. get AsmPro (formerly AsmOne)
3. write a program using all the opcodes you need
4. debug the program, it will show all hex codes for all opcodes.

:)

just a thought

cheers
equex/avalon

edit:
even better, the MAME source would have all the encodings in some table somwhere
Posted on 2004-04-19 09:13:52 by Equex
Posted on 2004-04-19 22:13:26 by tenkey