Hi all,

This is WinAsm Studio V3.0.1.0

What's new:

1.Project Properties-Make Options now split into three tabs:Resource Options, Release Options, Debug Options.

2.Make-Set Active Build (Release Version/Debug Version) (Thanks Greg, Masmer, SOL_bl)

3.Loading a project should be little faster now.

4.You can now deselect menu for dialogs and bitmap/icon for image controls (Thanks Marwin)

5.Some improvement for the Keywords listbox (Thanks shantanu_gadgil).

6.Faster & smaller code for dialog Grid painting(Thanks Manos)

7.Small bug fix: After Closing Project the project name stayed in the caption bar.(Thanks shantanu_gadgil)

8.If there was no caption for UserDefinedControls, it was changed to IDName(Thanks Qvasimodo)

9.Toolbox and RC Options Title style (gradient/single line/double line) was not saved on Application exit.(Thanks Marwin)

10.double max,min and restore buttons on frame window fixed. (Thanks Tomasz,Relic,Qvasimodo,shantanu_gadgil,Gary McAvoy)

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-13 00:46:46 by akyprian
Hello,

I don't know why the first asm file in my project got built only but the second or third and so on are not built.

Is it already supported building multiple asm files?
Posted on 2004-04-13 07:00:18 by Bi_Dark
You have to use

include somefilename.asm

in the first asm file to build multiple asm files

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-13 07:10:53 by akyprian
Really weird, indeed.

Is there any chance being supported *by natural*, with the help of the IDE (a request)?
Posted on 2004-04-13 07:47:32 by Bi_Dark
Posted on 2004-04-13 10:04:17 by richm
Downloading... :alright:
Posted on 2004-04-13 10:08:38 by QvasiModo
The toolbox and rc options positions on the screen are not kept! :eek:
They are shown at position (0,0).
Here's a screencap:
Posted on 2004-04-13 10:33:57 by QvasiModo
Hi akyprian and everybody,

I poke (peek?) my head in this forum every once in awhile to keep up with the progress of WinAsm while I (very slowly) digest Win32 API programming. All of you coders really amaze me with what you have been able to do to enhance the IDE.

I have been looking forward to the ability to select a debug build and am excited WinAsm now has this ability. Thank you very much for implementing this! Can I make some humble suggestions and comments?

Is there any possibility to create default global debug (and release?) command line options for ML and Link accross projects? Maybe an additional tab in the Options dialog that writes this to the winasm.ini?

Also, for the OUT:\ field in the Project Options, I name the debug executable by adding a "D" at the end (i.e. Chimes.exe would be called ChimesD.exe). Anyway, renaming the output executable causes problems when Building All and when invoking the debugger (looks for Chimes.exe not ChimesD.exe). I guess this isn't a big problem as maybe only a few people separate debug and release executables via renaming. But I thought I would ask if this could be looked at when you have the time and interest.

Hope everyone is having fun learning as I still am.
Posted on 2004-04-13 11:28:05 by Masmer
Thanks richm,

Hi Bi_Dark,

Really weird, indeed.

Is there any chance being supported *by natural*, with the help of the IDE (a request)?

YES, already in the ToDo list. I hope I can do it soon.

Regards
Posted on 2004-04-13 13:36:47 by akyprian
Hi QvasiModo,

The toolbox and rc options positions on the screen are not kept! :eek:
They are shown at position (0,0).
Here's a screencap:

This is not a bug.

In this version, if you have Auto Toolbox/RC Options, they are always set to UNdocked before shown. I did this on purpose otherwise the Auto Toolbox/RC Options is causing the multiple min,max,close buttons bug due to the design of internals of MDI applications. I don't like it very much either, I'll try to overcome this soon

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-13 13:41:15 by akyprian
The return of the Masmer :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I have been looking forward to the ability to select a debug build and am excited WinAsm now has this ability. Thank you very much for implementing this!

Although it's been a long time, I never forget what I promise. Sorry for not implementing this earlier

Is there any possibility to create default global debug (and release?) command line options for ML and Link accross projects? Maybe an additional tab in the Options dialog that writes this to the winasm.ini?

Definately YES. You 've already suggested this!

Also, for the OUT:\ field in the Project Options, I name the debug executable by adding a "D" at the end (i.e. Chimes.exe would be called ChimesD.exe). Anyway, renaming the output executable causes problems when Building All and when invoking the debugger (looks for Chimes.exe not ChimesD.exe). I guess this isn't a big problem as maybe only a few people separate debug and release executables via renaming. But I thought I would ask if this could be looked at when you have the time and interest.

I add a "D" at the end too! Do you set Active Build to "Debug Version" from the make menu?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-13 13:49:32 by akyprian
In a previous post, I had said:
---
There is a problem regarding the docking behaviour of the "Output" window. To explain I will have to attach more than one picture so I will just try to explain in words. Here goes...
1. Keep the "Output" option from the "View" menu ON. Keep it docked at the bottom (default)
2. Close any active project.
3. Restart WinASM.
4. Click the "double-lined" widget of the "Output" window once. The "Output" window detaches from the extreme left !!!
---

You had replied:
---
This is not a bug. Double clicking on a docked window is supposed to UNdock it. I assume that there are not valid values in your winasm.ini file for the output window when it is NOT docked.
---

I am not "double-clicking" it, just clicking it once !!! (single-click).

You try it...:), see !!!...
The "Output" window detaches from the extreme left !!! (NOT UNdock !!!) :)
Posted on 2004-04-13 14:18:10 by shantanu_gadgil
I still can't see the keywords completely for C0 (Resource) and C1 (Resource), The listbox is not wide enough !!! :)
Posted on 2004-04-13 14:27:26 by shantanu_gadgil
Hi shantanu_gadgil,

There is a problem regarding the docking behaviour of the "Output" window. To explain I will have to attach more than one picture so I will just try to explain in words. Here goes...
1. Keep the "Output" option from the "View" menu ON. Keep it docked at the bottom (default)
2. Close any active project.
3. Restart WinASM.
4. Click the "double-lined" widget of the "Output" window once. The "Output" window detaches from the extreme left !!!
---

You had replied:
---
This is not a bug. Double clicking on a docked window is supposed to UNdock it. I assume that there are not valid values in your winasm.ini file for the output window when it is NOT docked.
---

I am not "double-clicking" it, just clicking it once !!! (single-click).

You try it...:), see !!!...
The "Output" window detaches from the extreme left !!! (NOT UNdock !!!) :)

I'd like to have your winasm.ini file please and an image showing the problem please. I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Ok for the keywords, I 've changed the "categories" listbox width :grin: :grin:

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-13 14:52:08 by akyprian

Although it's been a long time, I never forget what I promise. Sorry for not implementing this earlier.
No problem on the wait. I haven't had much time to study programming anyway. Now that I have a month before my Summer classes start, I hope to continue working through Petzold and Calvert.

Definately YES. You 've already suggested this!

Oh, OK. I can't remember that far back. :tongue:

I add a "D" at the end too! Do you set Active Build to "Debug Version" from the make menu?
Interesting. Yes, I have Debug selected as the active build ... I can build the debug executable (contains symbolic info and is much larger then the release build), but it doesn't add the "D" despite OUT:\ being chimesD.exe (no quotes?). Execute from WinAsm's Make menu fails and (Ollydbg) Debug can't find "ChimesD.exe" when evoked from the Make menu. Could you remind me please of what flags to use for ML and Link debug options?
Posted on 2004-04-14 05:56:31 by Masmer
Hi Masmer,

Interesting. Yes, I have Debug selected as the active build ... I can build the debug executable (contains symbolic info and is much larger then the release build), but it doesn't add the "D" despite OUT:\ being chimesD.exe (no quotes?). Execute from WinAsm's Make menu fails and (Ollydbg) Debug can't find "ChimesD.exe" when evoked from the Make menu. Could you remind me please of what flags to use for ML and Link debug options?

If you create a new project, you can see the default debug flags. These are:
ML:
/c /coff /Cp /nologo /Fm /Zi /Zd

Link(for standard exe):
/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DEBUG /VERSION:4.0

I heve tried several out combinations for debug and I have no problem at all. Are you sure your out command is correct? Do not use any quotes, ONLY the filename (and path if you want). If you still have problems, you can post a sample project so that I can see what's wrong

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-14 06:36:27 by akyprian
To akyprian,

The "before.png" shows the output window when WinASM is just started.

Now, single-click the "Gradient/Double Line/Single Line" caption of the output window. When the left button is down, the cursor changes to the "hand" cursor.

Upon releasing the left mouse button, what I am saying can be seen in "after.png".

This is not a BIG problem, just wanted to know whether, it is SUPPOSED to happen, that's all !!!

Why is the .ini file necessary ?!?!? It is there anyway.

On another note, there is problem with the "Base" template that I have posted in the "indented" templates.

The problem occurs while linking the project.

The problem is solved by REMOVING the option "/machine:ix86" from the "Res to Obj" box in:
(the "Project" menu)
Project >> Properties >> Resource >> Res to Obj

The same can be done by editing the "base.wap" file and removing the "/machine:ix86" option after RCToObj in the section. (You know that already :) :) !!!)
Posted on 2004-04-14 14:02:07 by shantanu_gadgil
Hi,

Originally posted by shantanu_gadgil

The "before.png" shows the output window when WinASM is just started.

Now, single-click the "Gradient/Double Line/Single Line" caption of the output window. When the left button is down, the cursor changes to the "hand" cursor.

Upon releasing the left mouse button, what I am saying can be seen in "after.png".

This is not a BIG problem, just wanted to know whether, it is SUPPOSED to happen, that's all !!!

Why is the .ini file necessary ?!?!? It is there anyway.

THis is by no means a bug. I've spent hours to achieve this behaviour for ALL docking windows. It offers max flexibility on how they are docked. It is normal behaviour for ALL docking windows. Yes the ini file is not needed in this case.

On another note, there is problem with the "Base" template that I have posted in the "indented" templates.

The problem occurs while linking the project.

The problem is solved by REMOVING the option "/machine:ix86" from the "Res to Obj" box in:
(the "Project" menu)
Project >> Properties >> Resource >> Res to Obj

The same can be done by editing the "base.wap" file and removing the "/machine:ix86" option after RCToObj in the section. (You know that already :) :) !!!)

You can leave the template as it is without removing "/machine:ix86" if you change the resource file name from base.rc to anything else

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-14 14:29:29 by akyprian

Hi QvasiModo,

This is not a bug.

In this version, if you have Auto Toolbox/RC Options, they are always set to UNdocked before shown. I did this on purpose otherwise the Auto Toolbox/RC Options is causing the multiple min,max,close buttons bug due to the design of internals of MDI applications. I don't like it very much either, I'll try to overcome this soon

Regards,

akyprian

Ok, I've undocked those windows and now they're behaving well. ;)
Hope you can make them stay docked! :)
Posted on 2004-04-14 15:37:06 by QvasiModo
Hi,

I quickly zipped up the wap, asm and cpp files in question.

I'm using

/c /coff /Cp /Zi for ML
and
/SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /DEBUG for Link
with
chimesD.exe as the OUT.

Execution fails if launched via the Make menu. The debugger when launched from the Make menu can't find chimesD.exe. But a debug build has been created named "chimes.exe" in the project directory.

I'll play around with it some more. Perhaps older projects must be recreated within WinAsm 3.0.1.0 for the debug feature to work?

Argh, I'm out of town using an iMac and don't have any field for attachments on this board. __http://people.delphiforums.com/JAWIV/files/Chimes.zip
Posted on 2004-04-14 15:38:42 by Masmer