What is happening ???? :mad: :mad:

My last 5 or more threads and replies are simply disappearing of the forum
without ANY NOTIFICATION !

I always help whenever I can do it !
But my threads are just disappearing of the MAIN FORUM!!!!

Appears that I am in some black list ! :mad:

My main focus in this forum is help questions about
Kernel mode drivers, and I have helped some people,
so, why my LAST posts are becoming LOST ????

I deserve some respect !!!
At least, notify me if I make some error or if I break some rule.
It's not my intention to break the rulez of this forum.

Waiting answers

Regards,
Opcode
Posted on 2004-04-13 06:42:27 by Opcode
I think that you should take it easy, is just a forum.
Posted on 2004-04-13 06:46:29 by Eternal Idol Birmingham
I am calm. :cool:

is just a forum

You are currect
I forgot this small detail. :grin:
Posted on 2004-04-13 07:00:02 by Opcode
you should have a PM from me about it
Posted on 2004-04-13 07:04:42 by Hiroshimator

you should have a PM from me about it

In 2004 or 2005 ? :rolleyes:

Just kidding, but still waiting.
Posted on 2004-04-23 14:16:31 by Opcode
Afternoon, Opcode.

It was probably me who removed those threads:grin: (I've removed quite a few over the past few weeks:tongue: ).

I usually go by the thought that members know what they're posting and realise if the topic is close to the borders of the board-rules.

Thus, I assume people would automatically realise that the line had been crossed if their thread/post suddenly disappears :alright: .

I personally don't like the idea of having to send PMs to members as I'm a lazy b'stard:stupid: .

Apologies if you lost any sleep over the missing threads/ posts:cool: .

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2004-04-24 00:02:25 by Scronty
Originally posted by Scronty
realise if the topic is close to the borders of the board-rules.
Thus, I assume people would automatically realise that the line had been crossed if their thread/post suddenly disappears

How do you define what is or not a thread "close to the borders of the board-rules" ?

This is a very nice forum. But, with no doubt, attitudes like this
is a threat to this forum.
Arbitrary rules?
It is very strange. I know the rules, and I have not broken any rules.
And I donīt lost my sleep with this.
There are very more "stranger" threads than "Undocumented kernel structures"
or "How to close another process handles" !!!
What rule this threads have broken ???

And, what you know about low-level programming ?
It seems that for you everything that is related
to the LOW-LEVEL programming (device-drivers) is a danger!

Please, proof me if I am wrong !

I personally don't like the idea of having to send PMs to members as I'm a lazy b'stard

Then why you do not leave of being moderator?

I sent p.m. for other moderators and them they had written saying that they had not found
NOTHING OF WRONG with mine threads.

Regards,
Opcode

P.S.: If I really will have broken some rule, suggest that they rewrite the rules of the forum
in order not to leave doubts on what is allowed or not to be written.
Posted on 2004-04-26 07:11:10 by Opcode
Call it paranoia.
Posted on 2004-04-26 08:06:01 by roticv
Afternoon, roticv.

Exactly.
I'd rather be paranoid and keep this board open rather than let a few topics slip past through not understanding the content and having this board closed.

Afternoon, Opcode.

Feel free to keep posting the stuff you have. It's very informative and an asset to this board. However please realize that I will remove threads or modify content if I feel uneasy about what the threads content would/could be used for.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2004-04-26 08:26:14 by Scronty
BTW...
I might have deleted some also ;)

As a word of advice: please try to clearly show your good will and good targets for doing things, do not let things go on "the edge" concerning the rules... unles you are prepared for the consequences

Surely ASM KMD developement and NT kernel internals are not beyond the purpose of this board...
but unfortunately reverse engeniering is.

A thread or post might be deleted/edited/closed just because it contains some stuff that is beyond the Rules (aka not all stuff)

Also moderators are hummans and they make mistakes sometimes (speaking about myself here):grin:
Posted on 2004-04-26 12:27:12 by BogdanOntanu
Hey BogdanOntanu,

I'M NOT MAKING REVERSE ENGINEERING !!!! :mad:

I have found a 'undocumented kernel structure' by simple
having a dumping of memory and comparing the pointer
with the db command of WinDBG and with the
aid of the Google I found a structure that matches
with the structure that I'd found.

Using undocumented API in this forum is allowed but
to find one is not !!!

Amazing !
I just post it here because I think that it should
be useful to some kernel programmer.

Like was useful to you this UNDOCUMENTED information !

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=14019

NTFS structure was only documented by reverse-engineering.

Funny !
Posted on 2004-04-26 12:48:41 by Opcode
World is an amazing irrational place :grin:

We should all be equal by birth right and all have the exact same money even if we work on not even if briliant or damn stupid since is not our fault that we have been summoned to life ... Unfortunately i do not make the rues for this world and i sure can not enfoce them.

However there are some rules on this board and moderators have the nasty job of enforcing them

Please note that i am NOT against reverse myself and i enforce those rules only as a method o survival for this board . Because the legislation in the country where it is located and/or for some of its members is more harsh.

So again,
IF you show decent usefull information and keep the thread unrelated to subjects that are not alowed by the rules...then your posts will live ok...even if they are on the edge, moderators judge them 1) by the rules and 2) by the use/help they offer for many legitimate users.

BUT if you choose the agressive style i am afraid they will not survive for a long time here ... sorry but such is life in a capitalistic world :grin:

I did NOT say that YOU especially do reverse engineering, i just said that MAYBE some of the posts / threads deleted have slided into zones that are unfortunately prohibited.

Besides there are many other boards that are located in other places where they can easyly allow such content (if you want that).

In Europe and in many other countrys reverse engineering for interoperations and some other reasons IS NOT PROHIBITED...but this board is locted in a country that prohibits such actions...so yes if you live in Europe it might be ok to do it but you can not openly talk about it here :grin:

Besides i have told you that sometimes moderators do make mistakes ... i am sure that if you present your info in sensible decent ways then such mistakes will not happen anymore. :grin:
Posted on 2004-04-26 14:15:44 by BogdanOntanu
O.K!

I don't care anymore.
If I can help someone in this forum, I'll do it.
But if some moderator to want to erase the thread, then that he do it.

But is irritating to see in a thread a countdown to answer some question
like Scronty is doing in this thread:

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=18078

Anyway, PEACE ! :alright:
Posted on 2004-04-26 14:25:18 by Opcode
yes sure peace is ok :alright:

Well you see... Scronty is a moderator and has asked a question that tries to decide if the thread is valid or not...

It is not very inteligent to ignore a moderator's request on a webboard.. is it?

It would be like ignoring a policeman's request to stop your car and show some ID...
Sure it can be done, BUT it might have some nasty consequences :grin:

About care...
Well, sorry but how could anybody care for anything anymore when we live in a world like this ?

Besides if you do not care...how come a thread / moderator's action is "irritating" :tongue: (just kidding here)
Posted on 2004-04-26 15:51:45 by BogdanOntanu