Hi Minor28,

Excuse me, you are right "it is a running time error".
"ODBC administrator controler can not find the origen of data name. No one controler is defined."

This error ocurr when startup and the application finish. Database and com.exe are in the same directory.
I have check it under W2k+ sp3, WinXP+sp1 and Win98 SE. I always have the same error.

I only can running your first post without database, after including the database I always get the present error.

Can you help me, please?

regards
ipadilla
Posted on 2004-05-03 23:46:51 by ipadilla
I have tested it on win98 and win2k but I can't get that error. I have removed an unused reference. Could be that one.
Posted on 2004-05-04 13:50:06 by minor28
Hi Minor28,

I have checked your las Com.exe under Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000 + sp4 and Windows XP+ sp1 and I always get the following error:

Error '-2247467259 [800040005]? at execution time.

Origen of data name can not be found and there is not predeterminate controler.

Please, how can I resolve the problem?
Thank you
ipadilla
Posted on 2004-05-17 00:04:56 by ipadilla
Com.exe is a VB 6.0 program. To run it presume that you have VB installed on your computer because no components are shipped with the exe. The com.exe can handle the basic functions but not events and certain methods. I have to work with the idispatch::invoke to solve these things. For basic automation you can work with com.exe. But I recomend Japheth's comview if you want to work with automation.

The reason for starting this thread was my need to learn automation in order to automatic writning of minutes and reports in Word document with data from a database application. So I guess futher development of com.exe will take some time.

As I said before I can't recall you error so you have to describe more exactly what you do when the error occurs.

Best regards
Posted on 2004-05-19 14:01:45 by minor28