QvasiModo inspired me to write a bare bones virtual listview. The program will automatically open the test.txt file located in the same directory as the executable and fill the listview. I included a small text file for testing purposes but you can change it to your liking. I tested this on a 60meg file and it works smoothly (i had over 3 million items in my listview using that particular file). The reason I'm posting this is because there isnt alot of source code floating around this board regarding virtual listviews. Anyways I think it will come in handy to some newbies.

Posted on 2004-04-20 20:38:39 by smurf
Great! I like it, the source is much cleaner than my sample code :alright:
Posted on 2004-04-22 11:44:51 by QvasiModo
Hi,

I just want to mention that you need to preserve esi and ebx to ensure that the code works safely on all windows os (It crashes on my win2k).
Posted on 2004-04-23 08:12:03 by roticv
question about memory usuage. when the listview if filled it uses alot of memory depending on the size of the file, but after the file is minimized and then remaximed it doesnt use even close to the same amount of memory that it was originally using. i saw the change while looking at the memory usage for the process of my listview in the task manager. why is that?
Posted on 2004-04-28 10:15:15 by smurf
"windows works in mysterious ways" :) - perhaps it trims the process working set when the window is minimized. The memory usage in the task manager has a lot of different stuff, perfmon.msc on 2k and XP gives you more detailed information.
Posted on 2004-04-28 10:25:54 by f0dder