Hi all,

WinAsm Studio V3.0.1.2 is available from my site

What's new
-A minor bug with Dialogs/Others treeview height fixed (Thanks Qvasimodo)

-Under certain circumstances, structure members list not shown; fixed

-When "Open Children Maximized" was enabled, multiple min/max/close buttons
bug fixed (Thanks Gary McAvoy)

-Comment/Uncomment, Increase/Decrese indent proper behaviour (Thanks Qvasimodo, Marwin)

-Tab to spaces bug fixed(Thanks Marwin)

-In Options Dialog now images are used for ToRecycled/FromRecycled buttons.

-Moving a Floating window caused some flickering; Removed. (Thanks Manos)

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-22 03:19:40 by akyprian
Hi akyprian,

I'm not sure if I can duplicate the conditions, but received the following effect when using WinAsm Studio 3.0.1.2 this morning. I had been using an external resource editor and WinAsm wasn't updating the displayed changes I had made using the external program after closing and opening the resource file window in WinAsm. (I know, I know ... I should use WinAsm's resource editor instead. :grin: )
Posted on 2004-04-23 07:19:03 by Masmer
Hi,

.... this morning. I had been using an external resource editor and WinAsm wasn't updating the displayed changes I had made using the external program after closing and opening the resource file window in WinAsm. (I know, I know ... I should use WinAsm's resource editor instead. :grin: )

And you shouldn't use WinAsm Studio very early in the morning :grin: :grin:

I thought we had got rid of this probem. Let's hope this is the last condition I haven't considered. Next time you face this problem, please provide a FULL screen image so that I can guess the conditions you had when this happened. Probably your winasm.ini would help too.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-23 09:36:25 by akyprian

WinAsm Studio V3.0.1.2 is available from the WinAsm Studio site

mmm...
i went to the site but the last download is still the v3.0.1.1...
is http://www.code4u.net/winasm/ the correct url for the WinAsm Studio site?

blues
Posted on 2004-04-23 10:12:49 by blues4u
Same problem, the last download seems to be the 3.0.1.1
Posted on 2004-04-23 12:50:20 by Vortex
Hi blues4u & Vortex,

You are absolutely right. There was a problem with the downloads page of my site. I haven't got a clue. I haven't touched it. I have uploaded everything again. I hope it is OK now.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-23 15:06:29 by akyprian
It's still 3.0.1.1 :(
That's weird, because yesterday it was 3.0.1.2! :eek:

EDIT: Just guessing, perhaps it's a cache problem? Maybe the last modified date of the files haven't changed, so proxies won't download them.
Posted on 2004-04-23 15:26:50 by QvasiModo
Still 3.0.1.1
Posted on 2004-04-24 04:03:51 by Vortex
akyprian: you can delete this attachment when things are fixed
Posted on 2004-04-24 04:26:50 by Masmer
Hi,

I really don't know what is going on. I uploaded everything again. Probably some maintenance is being carried on the server. Is it OK now? If not, Masmer has kindly provided V3.0.1.2 in the zip file above.

Thanks Masmer, haven't you been able to reproduce the problem again yet?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-24 05:39:17 by akyprian

I had been using an external resource editor and WinAsm wasn't updating the displayed changes I had made using the external program after closing and opening the resource file window in WinAsm.

I can confirm this, have the same behaviour. This had been exist for a long time since 2.x.
Posted on 2004-04-24 05:57:47 by Bi_Dark
Hi Bi_Dark,

I can confirm it too ! If you still use an external resource editor (and not the built-in one) for your resource files, only way to refresh is by removing your rc file from the project and then add it again. To be honest, I have been thinking to disable (remove) the option to use an external resource editor. What do you say?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-24 06:25:28 by akyprian
Hi,

To be honest, I have been thinking to disable (remove) the option to use an external resource editor. What do you say?

Well, If your Resource Editor looks cool like one from Pelle.
Lets do it so. :grin:

Yah I'm using it as a superb Resource Editor. :)

But anyway this is just my little opinion and I can't stop whatever you want to do, Its *your* IDE...
Posted on 2004-04-24 09:13:10 by Bi_Dark
Hi,

It's your decision which editor you want to use. If I wanted WinAsm Studio only for my self I would have not been uploading it for public use. This is why I asked other opinions.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-24 09:25:25 by akyprian
Hi there,

I have been thinking to disable (remove) the option to use an external resource editor. What do you say?

I guess that WinASM res editor is *much* more ergonomical than *many* other i've already tryed !!! (thinking of nre for example)
Thats why i'm not using any external editor.... ;)
Posted on 2004-04-24 10:44:44 by PhoBos

Thanks Masmer, haven't you been able to reproduce the problem again yet?

No. I tried using Partition Magic to split a 32 GB NTFS partition in two and PM locked up 10% into the operation, making me lose my system. But I went out and bought Windows XP Pro and FrontPage 2003 yesterday, so I've been busy having fun last night and today. :grin:

So the integrated resource editor in WinAsm is fully implemented now? I had gotten used to Resource Studio, but will spend more time using WinAsm's if it does everything.
Posted on 2004-04-24 14:49:54 by Masmer
Hi akyprian,

I downloaded the V3.0.1.2 from your website:alright:

Posted on 2004-04-24 16:51:25 by Vortex