Rob, I just did a board search for rob.rice, which came up with six pages of results. I browsed through roughly 1/3rd to 1/2 of the posts, perhaps a bit more, mostly stuff in The Crusades and mostly stuff where you created the thread, but also a bunch of others.

I didn't find any links to stories about Microsoft stealing other people's programs. I did, however, find that you have contributed more or less nothing to this board, except endless zealous linux trolling.

Anyway, I also think it's very unlikely that Microsoft would plainly steal other people's binaries and rebrand them as Microsoft software. It's plainly too easy to catch, and there's a lot of focus on MS. Stealing ideas might be a different story, but ideas aren't patented.

NO you prove thay diden't

Actually no, YOU prove they DID it. People are innocent until proven guilty - at least around here, and afaik in the USA too. So I suggest you don't post this kind of bull$hit unless you have proof - otherwise, I believe, it classifies as libel.

I think the OpenSource community has stolen a lot more from Microsoft than the other way around, anyway. Ideas as well as actual reverse-engineered code snippets.

PS: why do you keep trolling here? Go post on slashdot or something.
Posted on 2004-04-28 19:05:48 by f0dder
Linux zealots are just as scary as Windows zealots :)
Posted on 2004-04-28 20:25:41 by SpooK
....with the difference that windows zealots don't spam linux messageboards with windows propaganda :)
Posted on 2004-04-28 22:05:50 by JimmyClif
rob.rice is back in full troller!

"the olny thing Microshaft woftware dose faster than GNU software is throw something on the screen you have to waite longer befor the software can do something and when it dose it it dose it Slower "

hmmm... throwing something on screen is what i consider being almost the most important thing to do with a computer :)

besides, these are just words

bye
Posted on 2004-04-29 07:10:33 by HeLLoWorld
Hi HeLLoWorld,

hmmm... throwing something on screen is what i consider being almost the most important thing to do with a computer

I agree, that is sort of the whole idea behind a GUI after all.
Posted on 2004-04-29 11:06:37 by donkey
Originally posted by HeLLoWorld
hmmm... throwing something on screen is what i consider being almost the most important thing to do with a computer.

Originally posted by donkey
I agree, that is sort of the whole idea behind a GUI after all.

GUI != computer :)

GUI is only one of many fields in computer science and its applications.
Posted on 2004-04-29 13:28:30 by pelaillo

GUI != computer :)

GUI is only one of many fields in computer science and its applications.

Who said it was, we just said we thought it was the most important thing, not the only thing. Console applications have their place as well...
Posted on 2004-04-29 13:36:15 by donkey
I think the most important is the computations :), ah and yes how is achieved that computation.

Have a nice day or night.
Posted on 2004-04-29 13:39:45 by rea
I'm just joking around hgb, no offense intended :alright:
Posted on 2004-04-29 13:41:28 by donkey
i really attach a big importance of the responsiveness opf the gui.

i m even ready to sacrifice some background "heavy calculation" speed for this.
maybe i m just too influenced by my gaming experience, but when i know its possible since years, to update the whole screen at 60+ fps with new generated pictures, i just dont accept a linux struggling so much for moving a window, maybe it has better network support (and still im not sure at all) or kernel (and this i doubt) , but i even would be ready to sacrifice stability for this.

hell, the gui is what i stand in front of 100% of the time, its what i use to give orders and to work, and i cant stand it being slow, or ugly, or nonhomogeneous, or not intuitive!
Posted on 2004-04-30 11:19:08 by HeLLoWorld