Hi all,

I'm having a curious problem with group boxes in WinAsm. I created a dialog box resource with a couple of them on it, together with the standard code to display the dialog (DialogBoxParam). Now when I start the program, the borders and captions of the group boxes show up correctly, but inside the borders the GB's are "transparent" - they contain the screen content which was there before the dialog box appeared (if this description is not clear, tell me and I'll post a screenshot). The controls which I placed inside the boxes are invisible because of this.
I have no idea what could have caused this :confused:. Anything outside of the group boxes is displayed correctly and works (buttons can be pushed etc.). I didn't change the style of the GB's (just kept the default values), and I did include comctl32.dll and the InitCommonControls call (don't know if this is necessary for this type of control, it's needed for other controls I'm using though).

Thanks for any help... :)

Mieuws
Posted on 2004-04-25 05:34:12 by Mieuws
I am not 100% sure what your problem is, but if you could post a very small program that has the problem you describe, I could be of more help.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-25 10:19:47 by akyprian
Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply. I attached the project files (very little source, actually only the code necessary to display the dialog box and a small wndproc to handle WM_CLOSE) as well as the compiled executable to this message.
Posted on 2004-04-25 11:41:55 by Mieuws
Hi,

Attached is the modified sample. Study the changes of styles of your dialog and controls.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2004-04-26 00:50:16 by akyprian
Hi akyprian,

Thank you very much for this! It works nicely now. I'll have a look at the changes immediately :D

Mieuws
Posted on 2004-04-26 11:04:50 by Mieuws