Might be a dumb question. But i know you need to make a manufest to enable Xp visual styles into your app, but what is the deal with UxTheme then?

As far as i know, it looks like API that allows you to specify and visually custom draw your controls in only xp.

Anyway, where in Masm32 do you include calls for OpenThemeData, etc.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/userex/cookbook.asp

Please look under the heading To enable a control to apply visual styles.
Posted on 2004-04-28 02:20:31 by Black iCE

Do not link directly to the UxTheme.lib. If you use the UxTheme API to add visual styles to custom controls, load the library on demand.

Then i presume you use LoadLibary and then you execute the commans within the dll.
Posted on 2004-04-28 04:16:00 by Black iCE
Has any one actually applied visual styles in their app? Just wandering cause i need an explenation whot they are really. Manifest allows the Visual Styles to be applied but whot is this part od control stuff?
Posted on 2004-07-20 23:50:01 by Black iCE
OK - the reason why i am asking is that i would like to make a toolbar in windows XP that will implement its own Custom Drawing techniques and i don't want to make that conrol aware or redrawn with xp visual styles. So the call to SetWindowTheme, well it doesn't exist in masm32 package to how would i obtain a way to make and invoke to it?
Posted on 2004-07-21 13:12:21 by Black iCE