Heya :)
Today I have posted my Direct3D9 includes for MASM at http://homer.ultrano.com
They are compatible with Ultrano's ATC, which means you can use the PCALL method to call functions of DX interfaces.
Example source will be posted in due course, I am currently working on the CD3DApplication support class (used by all of the dsk examples) which provides all the basic framework for a Windoze application, and will save anyone who wants to work with this type of code from reworking a Win32 Skeleton for each project.

Caveat: The includes posted may be updated or modified without notice - they have not been meticulously tested, and bug reports are keenly sought.
That being said, I expect few bugs to be found.
Posted on 2004-05-02 09:17:49 by Homer
d3dx9tex.inc doesnt work, linker reports things are defined double if I include it
now its time for my first asm OOP program
Posted on 2004-09-01 08:35:24 by daydreamer
Microsoft (R) Macro Assembler Version 6.14.8444

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1981-1997. All rights reserved.

Assembling: C:\masm32\d3d9ex\Lights.asm
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 5.12.8078
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

d3dx9.lib(cbuffer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IUnknown

d3dx9.lib(cconstanttable.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_I
Unknown
Lights.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
_
Link error

when trying to include d3dx9tex
Posted on 2004-09-02 14:47:14 by daydreamer
Those external symbols are in uuid.lib I believe.
I had the same problem for a while, the Linker was referencing things I didn't - due to internal references in the DirectX libs.. just put uuid.lib in the build folder and see what happens. If that doesn't sort it out , I'll look at my dependancies to see if I can spot / remember which you need to include.
Note you dont need to includelib this libfile, it's already happening against your will...
Posted on 2004-09-05 10:36:58 by Homer
the 6.5k uuid.lib that comes with masm is wrong version, when I use 1.05mb uuid.lib taken from siekmanskis package it works, but my .exe size goes up to 0.99mb, what version of lib files are you and scronty using in your examples?, your exes are lot smaller?
I also suspect the latest version of dx9 libs are bigger, from that sdk I downloaded

I am looking at scrontys dx8 examples and the C++ dx9 that comes with sdk, to get light+textures+blending to work to start with, then continue with extending my previous code to also use hardware

wonder what happened to your dxproject?
Posted on 2004-09-06 00:31:22 by daydreamer
The UUID.lib I have been using in the past is 953kb.
I have no idea where I got it, but I assume I got it from Scronty.

I have shelved all DX-related projects, possibly permanently.
Currently I am working on an anonymous p2p fileshare based on the Ant Routing used in MUTE. When it leaves beta I intend to pick up OpenGL and leave DirectX behind - I have jumped in the deep end of the kiddypool and got my feet wet with DX, now I can happily turn my back on it and move on.
DirectX was supposedly the more difficult of the two to learn, so I chose to learn it first, but to tell you the truth, I don't like Microsoft very much, I don't particularly feel good about supporting them directly or indirectly.
Posted on 2004-09-07 01:15:13 by Homer