This is a simple file browser I have been working on. It doesn't do much but I thought some people would be interested.
Posted on 2004-05-03 11:56:21 by donkey
Cute enough. A bit annoying that it doesn't use the system standard colors, and ShellExecute would have been nice - but it's a step in the right direction, I guess :)
Posted on 2004-05-03 14:51:18 by f0dder
Hi f0dder,

Well, not so much a start as an end, this is the extent of what I am posting. ShellExecute isn't going to happen unless someone wants to put it in, this is just a little thing I posted if someone is interested, I will not be making a shell replacement with it. I had originally done it to help someone out but in the end it will be integrated into one of my applications to select files. It still has a problem on 9x with the system image list, but I'll figure it out eventually.
Posted on 2004-05-03 15:03:24 by donkey
Oki doki :)

I once considered writing a filebrowser myself, to replace explorer.exe ... but it seemed like more bother than I cared for :). Just the filebrowser though, I kinda like explorer.exe for my shell. But I wouldn't mind something a bit leaner and meaner for filebrowsing, and more tuned for my needs.

Oh well, perhaps in the summer vacation?
Posted on 2004-05-03 15:10:37 by f0dder
Hi f0dder,

Yeah, this is a bit big for a file browser, like I said it was to help out. But now that I have put in the effort it seems like a shame to waste it.

The problem in Win9x was the imagelist was being destroyed when the application exited, a bad bad thing for Windows. Any way, LVS_SHAREIMAGELISTS takes care of that. New upload.
Posted on 2004-05-03 15:13:11 by donkey
Added the ability to change views by right-clicking in the listview.
Posted on 2004-05-03 23:16:56 by donkey
Cleaned up the image list for the treeview and now display opened/closed folders.
Posted on 2004-05-04 03:49:58 by donkey
It's been a while since I updated the file attachment here so I thought I would do it now, there are alot of added features, play around with it to find out what was added.
Posted on 2004-06-15 15:56:43 by donkey
Nice app, lovely source code :).
Posted on 2004-06-15 16:31:10 by Eóin
Thanks E?in,

Just for NaN I have added an item to the listview context menu that allows you to open any file in console mode under 9x or NT and will force the console to stay open once the program terminates. He had mentioned in the Main forum that he was having troubles with this in XP.
Posted on 2004-06-15 22:58:30 by donkey