Do anyone know of a good program that will Encrypt a folder on disk and all of it content. Could you provide a link to the strongest that you know of. I plan to buy or learn to build from to protect my asm files on my machine.
Posted on 2004-05-19 15:02:16 by cmax
I think i got something. Sounds good anyway

http://www.cypherix.com
Posted on 2004-05-19 15:54:27 by cmax
if you want something fine, get Loop-AES for linux, or SecureDOC or Drivecrypt for windows.
Posted on 2004-05-19 21:53:39 by f0dder
mmm I was searching at google for find a complete list of encryption algorithms the specifications and the math part

I think this is the best result I have for the moment:

http://csrc.nist.gov/publications/

Sure there are a ton of pages that have diferent ones, but ny question is: Do you know other site like this that provide explanation and math background and more encryption algorithms?

Have a nice day or night.
Posted on 2004-05-20 10:21:46 by rea
What does this have to do with OS Construction?
Posted on 2004-05-20 17:32:13 by SpooK
indeed, spook... should be moved to generic Heap.

It is, however, a thing to consider for OS developers, though - will I want to support per-file/folder encryption, block device encryption, or no encryption at all. But no, the original question doesn't have anything to do with that.

You'll probably want to implement hooks to allow per-object encryption if you do your own filesystem.... otherwise it will be hellish to implement it. At least do support block device encryption :)
Posted on 2004-05-20 19:43:17 by f0dder
No other links?, yes implement for filesystem will be good :)

Or wugestions in a easy encriptor for implement, but with good encryption mechanism?

Have a nice day or night.
Posted on 2004-05-21 10:40:41 by rea
cypherix is nice to have. I have a lap top now and do a lot of traveling and is afraid to loss it with all of my work wide open on it.

Anything better i think I'll learn to write for myself. So many things to learn and do in so little time.

Thanks
Posted on 2004-05-21 19:10:58 by cmax