http://themonkeyboylovescheese.mu.nu/archives/027459.html

this really shows off my disdain for HR people quite well

I'd fire the other person for being sheer stupid and harassive.
Posted on 2004-05-20 17:03:55 by Hiroshimator
I am actually in a similar situation at work currently.
A woman (yes) whom I work with, is not as well-versed in maths and programming, so often we have to help her out.
Thing is, if we point out mistakes that she made, she takes it personal, and gets upset.
Now she's blaming me for it, while the problem is really that she's taking it personal (not just with me, with everyone. But since I am the most well-versed one, I point out most things. I thought it would help if I let someone else help her out more often, but it didn't).
Women, ugh.
Posted on 2004-05-20 17:23:14 by Scali
hehe, cute.
Posted on 2004-05-20 19:41:07 by f0dder
We are actually encouraged to communicate at work. Communication requires a bi-directional exchange (yes, always), so we learn about each other without feeling threatened. With new employees we are more conciderate and give them time to join into the conversations. People are different though: some don't feel a need to be present in every discussion, while others you just can't talk without them commenting. (No, I actually am not the latter. :)) Some people are very content at not being involved, and it really reduces the type of work that person can do efficiently. Others cannot work by themselves for extended periods of time, and that limits the type of work they can do efficiently. Luckily, the place is large enough for little social groups to form naturally, and over time every one finds their niche.
Posted on 2004-05-20 19:44:37 by bitRAKE
Damn, there is some good shit on that page!! Luckily, i work with educated people, otherwise my acerbic wit and silken tongue would get me fired so damn quick i'd catch fire :D
Posted on 2004-05-24 06:46:15 by sluggy