Still tying to learn this XP machine. Since the control panel got all screwed up, I cant seem to find things anymore.. Im trying to stop the IE6 from cashing the web pages, but cant seem to find the setting/switch. (Every time i log on to this board, it shows me yesterdays page ~ I have to hit F5 to get todays page.... )

I has Tweek UI for win98se, and perhaps this was in it, which is why i cant seem to find it in the XP maching.. If anyone knows how to fix this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks alot!
:alright:
:NaN:
Posted on 2004-05-26 15:12:13 by NaN
In IE:

(menu) Tools --> Internet Options...

(button) Settings...
Posted on 2004-05-26 15:50:14 by bitRAKE
Thanks.. I feel dumb.. I looked at this dialog box at least 3 times, and the pretty graphics or the lack of sleep (babies) must have distracted me from seeing this...

Thanks again.
Regards,
:NaN:
Posted on 2004-05-26 17:09:54 by NaN
You should not feel dumb - the machine is dumb. For everything you forget about computers I wish you a lovely sweet memory with the little one...

...and I like you just the same either way. :)
Posted on 2004-05-26 18:31:29 by bitRAKE

You should not feel dumb - the machine is dumb. For everything you forget about computers I wish you a lovely sweet memory with the little one...

...and I like you just the same either way. :)
Posted on 2004-05-26 21:07:28 by x86asm
If the computer was not dumb:

A. While hunting around for the function, a dialog would popup stating "Are you trying to disable caching of web pages by IE?"

B. We could just say to the machine: "Stop caching in IE."

...and it would respond audibly in a number of ways:

1. "A detailed analysis of your verbiage indicates a deficiency in my understanding of the universe. If you could define each word and their associated interaction I would gladly comply."

2. "Okay"

3. "Do you still want to cache the p0rn?"

4. "I like caching web pages. If you don't want to cache web pages then stop doing it, but don't tell me what I should and should not cache!"

5. "Yes, honey - just tell me how you want it." ;)
Posted on 2004-05-27 09:36:17 by bitRAKE
:D
Posted on 2004-05-27 10:41:09 by rea